U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,180,065 times

Advertisements

I got back from a 10 day trip to Orlando yesterday. Spent 4 days at the disney parks...1 mk, 1 epcot, 1 hollywood studios, 1 downtown disney/seeing some of the resorts (boardwalk, polynesian, port orleans).

One ride that suprised me a lot was Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios. Didnt make it last year because of the line. Made it this year, thought it was brilliant 5/5. Best waiting area of any ride I think I've seen. Very creative, I can see why the line gets so long there.

I think my top 5 are...

-Toy story midway mania
-pirates at magic kingdom
-soarin at epcot
-Haunted mansion, mk.
-Not sure about #5, probably a 2 or 3 way tie.

I also thought the ride was a really good use of technology. I think some of the epcot rides try to use technology, or promote, but it doesnt really work (they're becoming dated). Like the energy and space rides near the entrance of the park. I read the toy story ride cost $80 million to design and build.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:11 AM

2,212 posts, read 4,607,443 times
Oh Gosh...I always have a great time at all of the parks, but my favorite ride in ALL of Disneyworld is Epcot's Mission Space. That ride is an absolute thrill...every time I do it, my heart is racing, the tears of laughter are flying to the back of my head, and when it's done, I always think that was the best ride ever and am positively "jazzed" for hours after!

For Magic Kingdom, I know it's not a ride, but my absolute favorite attaction is Mickey's Philharmagic. I don't know what it is...I just love it.

Animal Kingdom - Love the Safaris but after Expedition Everest started, it's right up there too. The Safaris I enjoy just because we've had some great experiences...being stuck in "giraffe traffic", having an elephant literally standing at the side of the road and blew dust all over our jeep (luckily I wasn't on that side!), seeing the lions actually standing up and peering over their "domain." Also, the Lion King Show, IMHO is one of the best.

For MGM, love Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic shows. Clearly the Rock N Roller Coaster is a winner as is the Tower of Terror.

For me, however, Christmas is the best time...it just adds the extra WOW factor to the entire experience. Plus, the Christmas-Only shows are fantastic...especially the Osborn Light Show in MGM and the Candlelight Processional at Epcot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or