U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM

26,346 posts, read 82,968,211 times

Advertisements

I have miles on Delta, American, United, and Southwest. For the purposes of this thread, I'll eliminate Southwest since it seems to operate on its own unique database and use a different system (credits versus miles).

I would like to find a website that accepts several airline frequent flier accounts and produces a sortable list of itineraries. That is, a frequent flier equivalent of the travelocity or yahoo or expedia. Something that uses filters and is sortable and optimizes use of flight miles.

Currently the process is very manual and labor intensive. You have to query each airline one at a time and do this for several dates - there doesn't seem to be a way to enter a date range and get an optimal use of flight miles for that airline. Then you have to compare each airline's set of itineraries with each other. That produces dozens of permutations.

I've seen online services which accept a person's frequent flier information but these sites only seem like bookkeepers not itinerary tools.

I've searched the net and found nothing (though I did find someone who put it a patent for this).

Anyway, I don't think this service exists but I thought I'd post regardless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM

111 posts, read 399,279 times
Neat idea and it would be great if it does exist, but I don't think it exists either.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 AM

2,412 posts, read 6,465,429 times
The AwardPlanner function at mileagemanager.com sounds like what you're looking for. It's not free, however -- there is a modest fee to join.

This website was started by Randy Peterson, of flyertalk.com fame. Peterson is considered to be the King of Frequent Flyer mile gurus.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:47 AM

26,346 posts, read 82,968,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
The AwardPlanner function at mileagemanager.com sounds like what you're looking for. It's not free, however -- there is a modest fee to join.

This website was started by Randy Peterson, of flyertalk.com fame. Peterson is considered to be the King of Frequent Flyer mile gurus.
That awardplanner does look like it would be helpful. It's only $14.95 a year so I may give it a try. I don't think it does everything I want but it may get me part way there and save some time. Heck, if it saves me an hour in a year it would be easily worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or