U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:41 PM

92 posts, read 224,020 times

Advertisements

YES, I completely agree with you as well!! Traveling is absolutely wonderful and does wonders for your own personal growth and understanding of the world!

I lived in Chile for two and a half months in the summer of 2008. I went with my friend Ariana and together we helped to teach the english language to grade 7-12 students in Parral, which is about four hours south of Santiago, the capital of Chile. It was an amazing experience... a definite eye-opener! Chile is also a GORGEOUS country with the Andes Mountains on its western border.

But anyway, there are SO MANY countries I wish to visit. I WILL some day visit Norway, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Japan, Germany, Australia... the list goes on and on. So many sites to see and cultures to get to know!

Traveling is the best thing in the world in my opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 04:40 PM

5,326 posts, read 11,041,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenna View Post
YES, I completely agree with you as well!! Traveling is absolutely wonderful and does wonders for your own personal growth and understanding of the world!

I lived in Chile for two and a half months in the summer of 2008. I went with my friend Ariana and together we helped to teach the English language to grade 7-12 students in Parral, which is about four hours south of Santiago, the capital of Chile. It was an amazing experience... a definite eye-opener! Chile is also a GORGEOUS country with the Andes Mountains on its western border.
Ever think about the fact that you enjoyed *the blue stuff above*, which made you say the *red stuff* ???

Kudos to you !!!

Old 02-23-2010, 09:48 PM

92 posts, read 224,020 times
Thank you very much! :-)

Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 PM

10,791 posts, read 7,685,785 times
I love travel too. Which is why we're moving from Perth, Australia back to Canada so as to be more central to more of the travel we prefer - Europe, Canada, US especially. We've seen what we've wanted to see of Oz and getting "up north" just takes way too long and costs too much money. Those 20-hour flights are torturous.

My husband and I have traveled quite extensively in the US but have barely dented it. Just last year we did a 2-week roadtrip through the Southwest which was one of the most enjoyable trips we've ever done. And we could only see a small selection of the gorgeous National and State Parks, cute little towns, mountain ranges and cities there. And the food! Southwest cuisine is amazing.

So we reckon being in Canada, and retiring early, we'll have more opportunity to do some slow, thorough discovery of the US. And Canada too. I've not been east of Quebec City or very far north. There's just so much in those two countries alone.

Then Europe ... that's another one. The few trips we've done there have made us yearn for much more.

I've often said that if I won the Lotto, I'd not buy stuff, especially all that over-priced designer, high-end rubbish. I'd travel. I'd rather a first or business class ticket to someplace new than a mansion to rattle around in.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:54 PM

2,177 posts, read 2,914,734 times
I will join the club here. I travel at least once a month when I am not travelling for work. The world is my oyster and I truly believe in being a citizen of the entire world.

If I am not in Asia, I am in Central America or Europe or in Africa or in the South Pacific...or...who knows?

How lucky I am to have flight benefits and flexible schedules. I hope to see 1000 more places before I die..or loose my benefits LOL

Please, people, if you can possibly get to your dream destination...do it. You will re-live it a million times.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:46 AM

2,024 posts, read 2,986,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
I've often said that if I won the Lotto, I'd not buy stuff, especially all that over-priced designer, high-end rubbish. I'd travel. I'd rather a first or business class ticket to someplace new than a mansion to rattle around in.
Same here.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:15 AM

740 posts, read 1,762,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. I absolutely love travel!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 PM

17,371 posts, read 21,218,356 times
I have valued every trip I've taken, even the unpleasant ones. Sometimes, I've even valued the unpleasant ones even more.

In Dec. I spent two weeks doing OKC/Tulsa/Ft.Smith/Shreveport/Houston/Dallas. I picked a bad time to go, it was freezing most of the time I was there.

But I came back to where I live and fell in love with where I currently live even more. A nice benefit to an unpleasant trip.

I went there thinking of possibly retiring to one of those places one day.
Mission accomplished: I'm staying right here!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 AM

5,326 posts, read 11,041,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
But I came back to where I live and fell in love with where I currently live even more
Something that should justify what I mentioned above.
After retirement, from a job that *required* extensive travel, we do not travel by plane anymore, just because *WE* think, it is a hassle and half.
But ...
Because we now realise that, since traveling just around our neighbourhood, (meaning *not going abroad*), where we live, is where we love it. There is so much to see and learn from just *around the corner*.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:23 AM

11 posts, read 20,120 times
Thumbs up I've been in Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
Where did you visit in Scotland? Did you make it to any of the islands. No one ever seems to go to the islands due to the travel time. It's a gorgeous country. Now, if it just had better weather.....
I've been in Skye It was summer time (August) but it felt like middle of winter, very windy yet enchanting, I loved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel