U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 12:21 AM

17,370 posts, read 21,213,499 times

Advertisements

Too many gaps between flights!

I like going to either L.A. or San Diego for a getaway, and Southwest has 14 flights a day to San Diego and 16 or so to L.A., so if one flight is cancelled, you only have a short waiting time for the next flight.

I won't fly any airline with large gaps between flights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 10:22 AM
gam

14 posts, read 14,810 times
Spirit is ok !! but try to do everything online or you will charge extra for boarding. If you're checking bags or carry on pay for it online the time of booking, so you can save some money as the y charge extra for everything. good luck!!

Old 04-14-2016, 11:33 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,019,821 times
Spirit is an airline u use for short last minute 3-4 day trips. Sometimes i need to do something in Chicago and i only have a backpack ill use them.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:41 AM

9,519 posts, read 13,433,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug653 View Post
Reply: Evil Spirit is the absolute worst airline. I will never fly them again. I saw a teenager in tears while in FL as the spirit agent told the girl whe could not enter the plane without paying for her bag. The child's parent had already left the airport. This was my worst flight ever. I would never think of sending my worst enemy on "Evil Spirit"
Any time you fly you should familiarize yourself with the airline's policies. That was stupid on the parents' part for not checking it out.

Is Spirit fantastic? No. But they got me and my bag from point a to point b & back. I would fly them again for a short flight... Longer probably not due to lack of amenities but for the flight I did (1hr 20mins) it was fine.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:15 PM

219 posts, read 143,488 times
Run, don't walk away from Spirit. Prices tempting, but my experiences have been a nightmare!

Old 06-07-2016, 02:42 PM

4,406 posts, read 4,059,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiemur View Post
Run, don't walk away from Spirit. Prices tempting, but my experiences have been a nightmare!
What exactly have been your experiences??? A good ole ULCC nightmare story could help.

Old 06-07-2016, 02:47 PM

4,338 posts, read 2,261,255 times
Skytraxx - They are the worst rated airline in the US. That $120 you saved evaporates the minute you check a bag.

Their ticket prices amount to bait and switch since you have to pay for carry-ons, and pay more if you purchase on the day of your flight but this is not obvious on booking sites.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:16 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,524 posts, read 39,903,732 times
I use Spirit for cheap direct flights.
$19 for a 2 hr flight to an attractive sunny location is GREAT during the 280 dreary days in PNW.

Don't check anything, wear 2-3 sets of clothes, and take a very small bag.

Don't expect anything, pay up your life insurance policy.

The FA's and pilots speak some Chicago dialect you probably won't understand.
The FA's are the ones seated in exit row and wearing parachutes. They will be the first ones out!

I have never had a problem with Spirit.
What a way to go to SUN!

They are so cheap, I can fly RT everyday, no need to bring bags, or book a hotel.

Old 06-07-2016, 03:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,093,885 times
Even if you can get past their pricing they are the most uncomfortable airline to fly. They have the smallest seat pitch of any US carrier. If you view their planes on seat guru nearly every seat is listed as "Be aware" even seats like the front or exit rows get mixed reviews. As others have said you might be able to tolerate them for a short flight but they would be horrible for a long distance flight

Old 06-07-2016, 05:27 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
22,524 posts, read 39,903,732 times
Long distance? In the USA?

What route does Spirit fly that is long distance?

USA is pretty short distance flying compared to my 24 yr commute to Asia.
Thus while in USA, I much prefer SWA. They turn planes 2x as fast.

Get in,
Sit down
GO!

Free bags...
Unlike legacy carriers where everyone is looking for THEIR seat, and carrying max (and beyond) carry ons.

Spirit irks me when everyone is jammed in rear of plane, and from wings forward it is empty.

"Load balance" they claim... since I am an engineer...

Again.... Expect nothing, you will not be disappointed.

Keep extra life insurance, your heirs will love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or