U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM

28,211 posts, read 47,623,364 times

Advertisements

Japan's All Nippon Airways, which has asked passengers to visit the toilet before boarding to help the environment, said Tuesday it will fit its jets with a women-only lavatory.

ANA will introduce one female-only toilet per aircraft on international flights next month after a survey of women fliers identified it as the second most attractive service they wished for after being offered desserts.

Japanese airline takes toilet etiquette to new heights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 07:31 AM

26,590 posts, read 54,607,588 times
I LOVE that idea. Men are absolute pigs in public restrooms.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:00 PM

6,351 posts, read 19,353,363 times
Nonsense! All Nippon Airways doesn't want it's passengers to use the aircraft lavatories to help the environment; they want to cut down on their lavatory servicing costs...

Old 02-25-2010, 01:43 PM

2,992 posts, read 4,421,049 times
now the men can't be blamed for when women "hover" over the toilet while being jostled around and make a mess...then don't clean it up.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:48 PM

1,854 posts, read 8,744,370 times
Americans have hangups about bodily functions, but the Japanese are extremely anal about their bathroom habits.

As someone that has actually worked on airplane toilets, I can say that it's not the men that plug them up with used pads, dirty diapers, and whatever else gets carried in a purse. Come on ladies, it's not a city sewer that gets rid of everything. It's a 10 gallon bucket with a seat. That stuff stays right there.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:24 PM

3,111 posts, read 7,020,799 times
It would not be the first time I used the Lady's room. If I have to go, I am going somewhere.

Then again, I could just pi*s on the floor, or in a bottle. I would have no problems whipping it out while seated next to a group of ladies to pee in a bottle. Then maybe the women would prefer both restrooms.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 AM

6,351 posts, read 19,353,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
Americans have hangups about bodily functions, but the Japanese are extremely anal about their bathroom habits.

As someone that has actually worked on airplane toilets, I can say that it's not the men that plug them up with used pads, dirty diapers, and whatever else gets carried in a purse. Come on ladies, it's not a city sewer that gets rid of everything. It's a 10 gallon bucket with a seat. That stuff stays right there.
South Range Family, I started my USAF career on the T-43. HATED lav servicing duty. Arrived at next assignment and was relieved to find that F-4s have no lavatory!

Old 02-26-2010, 11:18 AM

5,027 posts, read 13,419,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I LOVE that idea. Men are absolute pigs in public restrooms.
Yea, and women don't poop either, right? I'm female, and I disagree with this statement. And, plenty of studies have shown that it it women's restrooms that are dirtier than the men's. Women are disgusting, clogging up the toilet with sanitary napkins/tampons and are known not to flush. They hover, pee on the floor and seats and don't clean up many times. If you're so afraid of sitting on the seat, just hover between parked cars or outside somewhere and stop leaving a mess for the rest of us. And I have no idea what they do in there that takes so long. There are always lines to the women's bathroom.

Men pee in urinals, which means that the actual stalls are usually unoccupied and since they are not used as often, they're cleaner. I would much rather use a men's public bathroom than a woman's.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:35 PM

5,188 posts, read 13,363,030 times
Women shouldn't "hover"...it only makes things worse. As long as your skin is intact, and the seat is dry, it's fine. You will NOT catch your death from the back of your thighs. If folks didn't "hover", then the seat would be fine to sit on!
So, stop hovering!!!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:43 PM

10,234 posts, read 13,989,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Yea, and women don't poop either, right? I'm female, and I disagree with this statement. And, plenty of studies have shown that it it women's restrooms that are dirtier than the men's. Women are disgusting, clogging up the toilet with sanitary napkins/tampons and are known not to flush. They hover, pee on the floor and seats and don't clean up many times. If you're so afraid of sitting on the seat, just hover between parked cars or outside somewhere and stop leaving a mess for the rest of us. And I have no idea what they do in there that takes so long. There are always lines to the women's bathroom.

Men pee in urinals, which means that the actual stalls are usually unoccupied and since they are not used as often, they're cleaner. I would much rather use a men's public bathroom than a woman's.
Y'know, it never ceases to amaze me how women can make such a mess. No matter where the women's public toilet is, there are always seats with pee drops on them, and I always wonder HOW women can miss at that angle. And, worse, don't bother to pluck a couple sheets of paper to wipe it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or