U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,169,656 times

Advertisements

From my little bit of research, it appears that I am locked into my priceline car reservation. They state "you can not cancel or change your reservation"

The problem is I need to change the pickup time to be about 8 hours before my reservation time.

Does anyone know what I can do? I called both the car rental company and priceline and they both said I can not change the times.

Wonder if I should just show up early and see if they will be nice enough to give me the car then. I dont mind paying an extra fee.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 12:21 PM

628 posts, read 1,773,136 times
Default well

Well--if it has been less than 24 hrs since your reservation you may be able to ask Priceline about a 1 time exception and see if you can change the pick up time (there may be a fee)--and generally you will have to talk to a manager and what not to get it done--and you MUST claim it was an accident and you put in the wrong time.

Will the car rental place offer you a separate reservation directly through them for the 8 extra hour of car use? That may be possible?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:25 PM

Good ideas. Sadly, it has been more then 24 hours. The car rental place said I would have to return the car and fill out a new contract.

Looks like my only option is to just let my priceline contract die and eat the fee.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:35 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,560,303 times
Its the drawback of Priceline. Fortunately this has never happened to me. If i were you, id show up to the rental place early and explain the situation. If they have the car, i would imagine that they would give it to you for an extra day fee - at least that would seem to be the best way to run a business. Let me know what happens.

G Man

Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 PM

1,492 posts, read 6,956,260 times
Just show up....see what happens.

Plus- it may be...don't know where you are picking up...but if they won't let you ...you might can rent (for a day) from someone else in the terminal- if you are in a terminal....for cheaper than a fee.

Give us some details and we'll try to work some numbers for you.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:24 PM

UPDATE

I just spoke directly with a nice girl who works at Avis at the airport where I will be renting. She said if the car is there you can pick it up early, BUT, when she enters it into the system there is a huge fee. The example she gave me was $300 fee for someone who wanted to pick the car up a few hours early. I guess they really dont like working with priceline customers. OUCH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel