U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:11 PM

8,637 posts, read 19,063,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
I did answer the question, you dont want answers, you want agreement.
Hotels do lots iof things at night from room check to making sure the a/c is tuned low to save energy. Night mnanagers do inventories of occupancy, check to make sure someone who checked out is out of the room (people do check out but stay longer). They may be seeing if a room they put a extra cot in had that cot removed. For all you know the night manager may have been going to room 101 but eneterd 107 by mistake thinking it was empty. I say this again, there is nothing illegal about hotel employees entering a room for legitimate business purposes even if it turns out the room was occupied. It's called a Mistake! If you have something to say it was not a mistake, tell us, but from what you said, it sounds like a mistake. It happen to me a few times over the years. It happens in flea bag motels and up scale resorts. That is the answer and i;m sorry if its not the answer you wanted.
Oh my word I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type!!

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, motels and resorts and have never had a manager enter my room in the middle of the night just to check my AC.

No, there isn't anything illegal about an employee entering a room, but there is no reason short of fire or flood to do so at 1 am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 03:40 PM

162 posts, read 353,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Oh my word I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type!!

I've stayed in a lot of hotels, motels and resorts and have never had a manager enter my room in the middle of the night just to check my AC.

No, there isn't anything illegal about an employee entering a room, but there is no reason short of fire or flood to do so at 1 am.
I nearly choked when I read that, as well! Motel emplyee: "So sorry to disturb you, just coming in to make sure your AC isn't turned up too high. No need to get out of bed or clothe yourselves. Also, I didn't knock, because I didn't want to deprive you of any beauty sleep".

Me thinks there are more than one person, commenting on my thread, who works in the hospitality biz and has a natural bias against complaining customers.

Either 1) I, as a (now) 26 year old, have been very lucky to never have anything like this happen to me before (or even ever have heard of it happening) or 2) Most of the people replying to me are full of crap.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:02 PM

4,919 posts, read 19,853,905 times
Sounds like all you want is agreement on your fight because thats what you want it to be. You make the fight because you will not accept that a mistake could have happen, you want it to only be some illegal thing. You keep coming back to the issue that they did not knock so they must have been doing something bad. I am saying to you that the not knocking is the key and that key is they did not realize that the room they were enteing was occupied. But that isn't something you want to face as possible reality cause all you do is fight the fight that they did something wrong.

if that's the only answer you want and can't accept anything else, why not just argue to yourself over this in the mirror, since you will ONLY get the answer you seek. Sounds like your so frustrated that not everyone is agreeing with you. Well that is life. Time for you to grow up and may I suggest that next time, turn your tricks at a better class hotel and you won't get interupted doing the business!

Time for me to say good-bye to this inmature conversation.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Sounds like all you want is agreement on your fight because thats what you want it to be. You make the fight because you will not accept that a mistake could have happen, you want it to only be some illegal thing. You keep coming back to the issue that they did not knock so they must have been doing something bad. I am saying to you that the not knocking is the key and that key is they did not realize that the room they were enteing was occupied. But that isn't something you want to face as possible reality cause all you do is fight the fight that they did something wrong.

if that's the only answer you want and can't accept anything else, why not just argue to yourself over this in the mirror, since you will ONLY get the answer you seek. Sounds like your so frustrated that not everyone is agreeing with you. Well that is life. Time for you to grow up and may I suggest that next time, turn your tricks at a better class hotel and you won't get interupted doing the business!

Time for me to say good-bye to this inmature conversation.
1. Multiple times already, in this thread, I've admitted it could have been a mistake.
2. Not once before THIS post of yours did you theorize that the reason for not knocking was due to them possibly not knowing the room was occupied. This is literally the FIRST time you have brought this up.
3. Me immature? You're the one so angered after getting called out that you're lowering yourself to accusing me of being a prostitute when I clearly stated my stay was a MONTH long and I was in bed with my BOYFRIEND, with whom I was in a serious relationship. After that low blow of yours, none of what you have to say will ever be taken seriously by any reasonable person, anyway.

Good riddance, and don't let the door hit ya on the way out. I'll make sure to properly set the deadbolt and put out the Do Not Disturb sign, of which I was never availed

Last edited by kap121483; 03-29-2010 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 03-29-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap121483 View Post
1. Multiple times already, in this thread, I've admitted it could have been a mistake.
2. Not once before THIS post of yours did you theorize that the reason for not knocking was due to them possibly not knowing the room was occupied. This is literally the FIRST time you have bought this up.
3. Me immature? You're the one so angered after getting called out that you're lowering yourself to accusing me of being a prostitute when I clearly stated my stay was a MONTH long and I was in bed with my BOYFRIEND, with whom I was in a serious relationship. After that low blow of yours, none of what you have to say will ever be taken seriosly by any reasonable person, anyway.

Good riddance, and don't let the door hit ya on the way out. I'll make sure to properly set the deadbolt and put out the Do Not Disturb sign, of which I was never availed
And I promise not to set the AC below 70! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 04:46 PM

12,283 posts, read 18,401,528 times
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-29-2010, 04:54 PM

12,283 posts, read 18,401,528 times
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-29-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Really?? What were the City-Data.com rules/terms of use with which I did not comply?

Pretty sure the nastiest stuff has been said by some of the posters replying to me (accusing me of not wanting to pay what I owe, accusing me of being a prostitute, etc.)

Or were you just mouthing off?

Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM

21,318 posts, read 21,881,811 times
Might not have been a hotel employee entering the room. Might have been someone else with one of those hotel room card key gizmos like I seen in the movies.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:00 PM

28,239 posts, read 39,884,966 times
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz {snort]

What? sorry. Fell asleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or