U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:33 AM

2 posts, read 4,155 times

Advertisements

Many travels sites is on net now and really people can lose time finding it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 02:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,155 times
Default ailrine flights

Here is many sources for airlines
and much more , hotels hostels 8they have seems like more of 200 000 hotels ) and all
I know about from one friend
They have many travel info too
I hope you will like

1BluePlanet - World Travel Directory

Old 08-23-2007, 04:53 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,909,074 times
I use ITA
Booking Buddy (has about 10 search engines, including Kayak, operating all at once) and others.

As others have said, if Southwest flies out of your town, you're good to go as long as you book ahead. Southwest even plans to eventually go international.

For international flights now, the sites I listed work well.
After I do the research, I usually book directly with the airline.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:11 PM

13,884 posts, read 25,306,858 times
If it's 2am in a month without an R.....

There is no BEST! Darn it! I always end up shopping around and checking the individual airline sites too. One interesting piece of info, I do usually find cheaper prices at 2am or so. I have no idea why but it seems to be true.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
If it's 2am in a month without an R.....

There is no BEST! Darn it! I always end up shopping around and checking the individual airline sites too. One interesting piece of info, I do usually find cheaper prices at 2am or so. I have no idea why but it seems to be true.
Bookingbuddy at least consolidates several search engines.
I've gotten some good fares very early in the morning, too.
I think it is simply because that is when a new airfare might begin.
Once or twice I have been able to take advantage of a mistake, as well.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 PM

25,668 posts, read 24,296,710 times
There really is no 'best' because it depends on where you want to go. For cross-country I do priceline.com because you can practically name your own price and Ive gotten some great deals, even once on a last-minute booking. Otherwise, I do Southwest.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
There really is no 'best' because it depends on where you want to go. For cross-country I do priceline.com because you can practically name your own price and Ive gotten some great deals, even once on a last-minute booking. Otherwise, I do Southwest.
I think last minute is the only way I would ever do Priceline, and I did (funeral) and everything worked out fine. There is Hotwire, too.
There is also:
Last Minute.com
But I sure am glad to finally be living in a city that Southwest flies out of.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:31 PM

483 posts, read 1,781,422 times
I find good schedules and fares on Orbitz and Kayak, then book directly through the airline's web site.

I've flown Southwest to 2 funerals. Their last-minute fares were great, and the fully-changeable full-fare tickets were a Godsend. I like Southwest, but the trip to Providence or Manchester adds $50 and 2 hours to any trip. It's easier to fly out of Logan. Manchester Airport now runs a free shuttle (well, free with a boading pass) to Boston that stops 10 minutes from my house, so I may fly Southwest more in the future.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 AM

448 posts, read 1,709,922 times
It makes no difference. Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz all have the same prices. The advantage of using these sites is that the consumer can compare all airlines in one easy to read interface. Once you have chosen a carrier, you go ahead and use their website directly. That way you don't have to pay the processing fee that Expedia, Orbitz or Travelocity charge.
The only airline that does not show up in these websites is Southwest.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM

324 posts, read 697,353 times
Sometime I use sites like orbitz or travelocity, especially if I'm traveling domestically. However, for traveling abroad I recommend checking the website of individual carries. They usually have some sort of promotion going on for fares to specific places. I know Lufthansa is really good about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or