U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 AM

2,024 posts, read 2,986,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
You must be tall! I'm short and don't have this problem, even on long flights.
No, I'm only 5 5, but if I want to stretch out, which I do, my feet go under the seat in front. My flights are anywhere from 8 to 14 hours and if I'm not in business class I want all the room I can get!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Maybe the airlines SHOULD assign the sapce in the overhead area above each seat to that passanger. Then those people with too many/big bags would have to check them. Or, those of us traveling light could seb-lease our unused space. "Sure, you can put your bag in my space... if you buy me a beer for $7". Capitalism at its best.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,157,024 times
Default United Airlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
And don't bring a guitar on a United Airlines flight

YouTube - United Breaks Guitars

Old 04-06-2010, 12:38 PM

4,308 posts, read 11,800,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
No, I'm only 5 5, but if I want to stretch out, which I do, my feet go under the seat in front. My flights are anywhere from 8 to 14 hours and if I'm not in business class I want all the room I can get!
As a fellow shortarse, I agree! My legs start to ache abominably after just a few hours on a long-haul flight and I need to be able to stretch and flex. Of course, if I can go to sleep then I just wake up in extreme pain rather than enduring it the whole time and can then hobble down the aisle and off the plane

Old 04-06-2010, 12:44 PM

4,577 posts, read 3,637,223 times
They should incorporate this in the flight magazines or emergency procedure cards.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:35 PM

8,897 posts, read 13,648,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
As a fellow shortarse, I agree! My legs start to ache abominably after just a few hours on a long-haul flight and I need to be able to stretch and flex. Of course, if I can go to sleep then I just wake up in extreme pain rather than enduring it the whole time and can then hobble down the aisle and off the plane
lol, fellow shortarse? 5'5" is about average for females, not short. I'm 5ft even... THAT is short and I've never had a problem on 8+ flights.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
lol, fellow shortarse? 5'5" is about average for females, not short. I'm 5ft even... THAT is short and I've never had a problem on 8+ flights.
Aye, that is average. Try flying when you are 6' 2" like my son!

Old 04-06-2010, 02:53 PM

2,417 posts, read 4,105,390 times
I wish that those inconsiderate passengers who use the toilets and don't think of other passengers would THINK. Not everyone appreciates a wet toilet floor and seat. And what's it wet with? Yuck

Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
I wish that those inconsiderate passengers who use the toilets and don't think of other passengers would THINK. Not everyone appreciates a wet toilet floor and seat. And what's it wet with? Yuck
That's what I always wonder...what IS it wet with?

Old 04-06-2010, 03:37 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,207,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
2) Sorry. If you bought cheap tickets from a consolidator (HotWire, Travelocity, etc) and your family is all split up...PLEASE take it up with the Gate Agent. They WILL tell you that the Flight Attendants will take care of getting you together. NO. We can only ask others to move..but I promise, that is NO guarantee that they WILL. It is the GATE AGENTs responsibility. PLEASE ask THEM to take care of it. Cheap tickets ARE middle seats..HONESTLY..NO, people with window and asile seats DO NOT want to swap. I am just being honest. Asking them does NOT mean they WILL give up those seats. Would YOU???
Totally agree with this. When I book airfare, I have enough awareness to go online and reserve my seating arrangements and I shouldn't feel obligated to give up my aisle/window seat. Plus, I've already found a spot for my carry-on, I don't want to move 15 rows from my bag. I'm amazed at how many people seem to be completely unaware of how easy it is to view a seating chart and change your seats either online or over the phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or