U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:14 PM

13,169 posts, read 20,791,547 times

Advertisements

I got a chuckle out of reading the title of this thread. My son was in 6th grade (private school in FL), and his class went to Key West for a class trip. They spent the whole day at various museums, and stayed for the sunset. He still talks about it 6 years later, so SOMETHING about Key West left an impression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM

3,664 posts, read 6,486,552 times
Key West is a lot of fun, but, I don't know if I would plan more than a day there with Children... I think it would be a bit boring for them. I've been a few times, on cruises, and I was bored by the end of the day.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 566 times
Default Where do you stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
We have been going down to Key West twice a year for 19 yrs. and absolutely love it. It is just my husband and myself and the Inn that we stay in has our own private pool in total seclusion. KW is as cheap or expensive as you make it, we have always allotted $100 a day for everything (hotel & car already paid for) and we make it work, we don't go to the tourist traps & eat where the locals do. I would bring older kids there, there really isn't anything for the smaller children to do but swim in the Hotel pools. KW has only man made beaches. The first week of Sept. is usually Woman's Fest, where the gay women from all over the world come to KW.

Hi,
Just wondering where you stay when in Key West.

Thanks,
Telise

Old 03-21-2014, 10:23 AM

189 posts, read 277,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atelise View Post
Hi,

Thanks,
Telise
Andrew's Inn in Key West is awesome. They have two houses, both in a great location close to all the action. As for the original poster asking about children, I too would not categorize Key West as a "family with children" destination. But for an adult couple, it was awesome. Would go back in a heartbeat...but VERY hot in the summers, beware!

Old 03-21-2014, 11:17 AM

35,324 posts, read 25,177,423 times
If I had children with me there I'd take them out to Fort Jefferson National Park, nice day trip. I camped there myself.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:21 PM

12,292 posts, read 18,409,613 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Telise
You are responding to a thread that has been inactive for four years. I would send her or him a DM, doubtful otherwise you will get an answer.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 362 times
There are some great things to do down in Key West for the kids. Ripleys Museaum, Butterfly conservatory, Aquarium, snorkeling are just a few of the great things! We took the Key West Express too so it was a much shorter trip down for the kids to sit through and they had a great time on the boat!

Old 01-28-2015, 04:09 PM

5,417 posts, read 5,401,245 times
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Telise
I am sorry Telise I just saw your post. The Inn that I am referring to is called Suite Dreams, located on Von Phister St., down passed the Casa Marina. The room used to be called the Super Suite, but the Inn was sold so I don't know what they call that room now. It is the only one with your own private pool. kelsie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or