U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 AM

1,492 posts, read 6,961,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
Ohh did you have a good time there?

I wanted to check out some flights to honolulu. I think I will check out Travelzoo!

I love Travelzoo!

Last year we snagged $15 Disney hotel rooms so we stayed 9 days!!! And didn't have to use credit cards!

And then they listed the 08/08 promotion...for Super 8. Think they have that every year....Aug 8th, rooms for 8 bucks?
Anyone familiar with that one?

And then I found cross country airfare for $115 when every other site was at least twice that much!

If I could just get Seoul airfare for $1,000- I'd be so happy, so I check Travelzoo every few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 AM

5,027 posts, read 13,420,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I love Travelzoo!

Last year we snagged $15 Disney hotel rooms so we stayed 9 days!!! And didn't have to use credit cards!

And then they listed the 08/08 promotion...for Super 8. Think they have that every year....Aug 8th, rooms for 8 bucks?
Anyone familiar with that one?

And then I found cross country airfare for $115 when every other site was at least twice that much!

If I could just get Seoul airfare for $1,000- I'd be so happy, so I check Travelzoo every few days.
Yes, I know the Super 8 promotion well! I'll be in Costa Rica this year an August 8th, so I'll miss it though I'm not complaining!

I found airfare to Sydney, Australia for under $800 from San Diego during peak season there! Normally, it's well over a grand. I wanted to go, but my husband won't go on a flight that long. It's only 14 hours from here! He said if I find a friend to go with, I can go with them. So tempting!

I can't believe you got such an awesome deal on the Disney hotel! Almost sounds like one of those fat finger discounts!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:37 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,562,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Love them! And, if you book and the price for the same exact package drops and someone books at the lower price, you'll get a refund!
Has this ever actually happened to you tho? Maybe its because i'm careful and always search for the lowest price and when i book on Orbitz that price is never going to go down - it will always stay or go up.

G Man

Old 04-22-2010, 12:40 PM

I like Orbitz. I have booked thru there a lot and got their Capitol One credit card about a year back. I just booked a vacation package to Puerto Vallarta about a month ago too. Got a good deal and if you google Orbitz discount codes you can usually find one. Ive had an Orbitz rep give me a discount code via chat before (although last time they didnt give it to me via phone - but i found one on google!). They always have great deals.

G Man

Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,420,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman5431 View Post
Has this ever actually happened to you tho? Maybe its because i'm careful and always search for the lowest price and when i book on Orbitz that price is never going to go down - it will always stay or go up.

G Man
Not me personally, because I rarely use them since I like to book my own trips. My friend booked a trip (airfare, hotel) to Jamaica. 4 weeks later, the same exact itinerary is now $200 less per person. Orbitz informed her that they will not refund her until someone books that exact itinerary at the lower price. That's their policy. Someone did end up booking, and she was refunded $400. That's a great policy, if you ask me!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Not me personally, because I rarely use them since I like to book my own trips. My friend booked a trip (airfare, hotel) to Jamaica. 4 weeks later, the same exact itinerary is now $200 less per person. Orbitz informed her that they will not refund her until someone books that exact itinerary at the lower price. That's their policy. Someone did end up booking, and she was refunded $400. That's a great policy, if you ask me!
It is but i guess its up to them to be honest and admit if someone ends up booking it at a lower price. My guess is they dont actually pay this out very often.

G Man

Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 AM

14,253 posts, read 15,339,238 times
I used them once for a hotel. Their price was lower than Hotels dot com. There were no problems with the booking or the hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or