U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 03:45 PM

21 posts, read 54,071 times

Advertisements

My son (turning 12) and I are planning a trip to celebrate his birthday in June. He's interested in going to Busch Gardens and then, onto Va. beach. Where do I start? We will be driving since it's only 4 hours away. Should I try to find hotels on priceline? Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? Also, are there venues anywhere for discount tickets to Busch Gardens? Any restaurant recommendations and/or other fun activities in these areas would really be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 PM

21,353 posts, read 24,079,680 times
Whatever you choose, don't go to VB during the weekend. The traffic is a real killer. I'd probably advise you to go to Colonial Williamsburg instead. This is within driving distance to BG.

Busch Gardens Virginia Amusement Park Information

Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM

Great suggestion! Yes, we were planning to travel during the week. I know the lines are long at Busch Gardens especially one the weekends.

I just heard that you can get deep discounted tix if you are a VA resident. That stinks! Too bad the Carolinas aren't included in that deal!

Any other suggestions for getting discounts on tix?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 PM

791 posts, read 2,458,725 times
Check this website: Hotels and Vacation Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 04-27-2010, 04:59 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,046,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel.girl6 View Post
Great suggestion! Yes, we were planning to travel during the week. I know the lines are long at Busch Gardens especially one the weekends.

I just heard that you can get deep discounted tix if you are a VA resident. That stinks! Too bad the Carolinas aren't included in that deal!

Any other suggestions for getting discounts on tix?
AAA. Are you a member? Usually get good tx prices thru them. I LOVE BuschGardens Williamsburg!!! It's ten times better than Fla. It is totally different than fla. They are both good in their own right, but I really do like Williamsburg better.

Sorry I can't help with the accommodations, it has been way too long since I've been there. Let me give some more thought on the discount thing if you aren't a AAA member, let us know.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Shoot! I just gave up my AAA membership 6 mos ago!! Maybe I should renew quickly?

Thanks for the ideas though!

Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,046,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel.girl6 View Post
Shoot! I just gave up my AAA membership 6 mos ago!! Maybe I should renew quickly?

Thanks for the ideas though!
Do you have any co-workers or family or friends that are members? If not, I will keep an eye out for specials and post. May be a couple of days, if I find some I will post them here this week. Just ck back. Have fun! I'm jealous!

Two tips:
1) The "One Stop Shop" at the Williamsburg Outlet Mall offers Busch Gardens Europe coupons good for $5 off if you buy the tickets there. You don't have to purchase anything else in the store (although you may want to, since they offer low prices on phone cards, snacks, candy, gifts, etc., as well as discount coupons to President's Park and other area attractions).

2) Any immediately family going to the park in Military? Just cking 'cause the parks are offering a great Military bonus...
Want a Busch Garden military discount? Anheuser-Busch is once again offering its “Here’s to the Heroes” program the Busch Gardens Military Discount which provides a single day’s free admission to any one of the company's parks for the service member and up to three of direct dependents. Definition of Military is broad to include several, ck it out.
To receive the Busch Garden military discount, simply register, either online at Here's to the Heroes or in the entrance plaza of a participating park, and show a Department of Defense photo ID.

Last edited by Deef1; 04-27-2010 at 07:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel