U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2007, 08:58 PM

326 posts, read 371,998 times

Advertisements

According to recent news, airline passengers have become quite unruly towards staff. Also, especially considering that liquids and gels of any kind including but not limited to deodorants, colognes, perfumes, toothpaste, shoe/bra implants, etc, are forbidden in both checked and carryon baggage (in fact, you practically can not bring anything through the airport anymore) I am starting to get a feeling that one day very soon, the FBI and Congress will step in and order an all out ban on all air travel and order all US citizens to stay permanently in their assigned city/state of residence. Sometimes, this even makes me feel as though the government of the USA would be reformed into a dictatorship under George W Bush and that all airports, hotels, and motels would be demolished and turned into residential/buisness areas and that anyone caught wandering more than a few miles outside their assigned city of residence would be immediately arrested and charged with statutory trespassing.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:11 PM

942 posts, read 2,369,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
According to recent news, airline passengers have become quite unruly towards staff. Also, especially considering that liquids and gels of any kind including but not limited to deodorants, colognes, perfumes, toothpaste, shoe/bra implants, etc, are forbidden in both checked and carryon baggage (in fact, you practically can not bring anything through the airport anymore) I am starting to get a feeling that one day very soon, the FBI and Congress will step in and order an all out ban on all air travel and order all US citizens to stay permanently in their assigned city/state of residence. Sometimes, this even makes me feel as though the government of the USA would be reformed into a dictatorship under George W Bush and that all airports, hotels, and motels would be demolished and turned into residential/buisness areas and that anyone caught wandering more than a few miles outside their assigned city of residence would be immediately arrested and charged with statutory trespassing.
Wow..could be the making of a great book!!! I dont see this happening in our lifetime, atleast I hope not.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 AM

5,288 posts, read 17,969,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton1 View Post
Ridiculous.

I fly all the time and I rarely have to wait very long through security...it is the price we pay as the government at least attempts to make us safer.

I have a different theory about unruly passengers - when you give passengers no leg room or room to recline and you either don't feed them or give them crappy, gross tasting "snacks" instead of real meals, people get cranky - especially when they are traveling for hours and hours on a plane. Those nasty tiny little screens that the movies are shown on are pathetic - the sound system terrible and on top of that you have to pay for the ill-filling headphones....people are grouchy because their physical comfort and well being is being assaulted on every front.

George Bush did not cause the attack of 9/11 - those people hated us before G.B and will continue to hate us afterwards - your "theory" or idle musings are ill informed and infantile in their logic....or maybe this is your attempt at being humorous - not sure.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:31 PM

11,256 posts, read 43,448,724 times
Other than your delusional attempt to bash the president, the business community, everyone else, and the entire fabric of this nation ....

is there any factual basis for your concern?

Have you checked with your doctor re your meds recently?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or