Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times

Advertisements

We are honeymooning in Miami Beach and the Keys in July. I am looking for insider info as to places to stay, places to eat, and things to do while in Key West for 5 days/4 nights.

I am a serious foodie, but that doesn't necessarily mean expensive all the time. I've already been recommended Seven Fish, Latitudes for nicer dinners, as well as Sarabeth's for breakfast and El Meson de Pepe and Conch Republic for lunch/apps/drinks.

Any other yummy spots for food or drink? What about charter boats/sightseeing/water sports??

I have already done a lot of reseach, just looking for insider tips too.

Thanks!! So excited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM

628 posts, read 2,045,076 times
Default key west

There are so many great guest houses to stay at in Key West--we stayed at the Wicker guest house and it was very nice (not luxurious but nice and not too expensive)--the rooms (there's not too many) all faced a nice courtyard with a pool/hammock/grill area.

The food was great too--Key West is small you will see great menus just wandering around.

Oh also make sure to catch the sunset celebration and see the crazy cat man do his performance!

Congrats and have a great time!

Old 04-29-2010, 01:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
While in the keys make sure you get a good yellow tail snapper dinner. You won't find it back home. The keys are the only place I've ever been able to find it. And congratulations.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:16 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
We stayed at the Pier House Resort. Wonderful luxurious accomodations with spacious rooms, pool, cabana bar and private beach. Even though it's right on Duval Street it felt secluded because of the layout. Lots of greenery and paths isolating you from the hustle and bustle but easily accessed when the mood fits.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:32 PM

841 posts, read 4,839,976 times
I second The Pier House. I just stayed there in Feb. 2010 and it's very nice.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:50 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
For a honeymoon, Casa Marina is the only place in Key West I would consider. We went just before our wedding in 2008 and loved it. It's beautiful, one of the few places with an actual beach, and totally honeymoon worthy.

Key West Hotel Resorts & Florida Keys Beach Accommodations - Casa Marina Resort Key West

Our favorite restaurant in all of Key West is Michael's. The food is really good, the waitstaff friendly and accommodating, and their chocolate lava cake is the best we've ever had. Just make sure to order it at the same time as your meal, since it takes almost 30 mins to prepare!

Key West Restaurants, Michaels Restaurant, A Key West Steak House serving Fresh Seafood, Fondue at the Garden Bar and Prime Meats- Catering, private parties and rehearsal dinners too.

For breakfast, you must go to Blue Heaven. We ended up eating breakfast there every single morning of our stay and would love to go back. It's such a unique and awesome place!

key west restaurants - Blue Heaven Restaurant (home)

As far as activities, we went snorkeling and had a blast.

Have a great trip and congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,844 times
We just booked the Pier House........it was our #1 choice anyway, so I am glad we got some confirmation. I think the location will be great for us. Thanks

Old 07-27-2010, 10:51 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,720 times
How was it! We're going to Casa Marina next week. Can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel