U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM

42 posts, read 120,386 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning a trip to Japan for two weeks with our son who will be almost 3 months old. Has anyone else taken a trip like this? Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 AM

229 posts, read 699,342 times
I don't have any kids, so obviously never did anything like that... But I would be pissed if I was stuck on a 14 hour flight with a 3 month old... Even if you kid is good he is going to cry at some point... Seems like it would be a real hassle... The plane and then you wouldn't likely be able to do a lot of things in Tokyo because of the kid... I would hold off...

Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 AM

748 posts, read 2,538,697 times
Make sure you book flights with kid-friendly airlines. Emirates is good, but Singapore and Lufthansa are probably good too. Ask people who have flown to Japan with kids to find out the good airline.

Talk to your pediatrician and make sure the vaccinations are up-to-date. Check this out MD Travel Health - Japan - vaccinations, malaria, safety, and other medical advice

If the kid cries, do not be embarrassed that you are disturbing someone else's sleep. Its part of taking a flight, and if someone does not understand that, its their problem, not yours.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:38 AM

3,686 posts, read 7,587,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFM View Post

If the kid cries, do not be embarrassed that you are disturbing someone else's sleep. Its part of taking a flight, and if someone does not understand that, its their problem, not yours.
Guess you would bring your screaming kid into a restaurant too and say its part of going out to dine?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:41 AM

280 posts, read 194,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJFM View Post
Make sure you book flights with kid-friendly airlines. Emirates is good, but Singapore and Lufthansa are probably good too. Ask people who have flown to Japan with kids to find out the good airline.

Talk to your pediatrician and make sure the vaccinations are up-to-date. Check this out MD Travel Health - Japan - vaccinations, malaria, safety, and other medical advice

Are you kidding me? Where did you come up with this? I'm sorry, but crying kids is NOT part of taking a flight. How rude and inconsiderate of YOU.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:44 AM

1,917 posts, read 4,645,463 times
3 months is a piece of cake. Eat, poop, sleep, repeat.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,386,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan82 View Post
My wife and I are planning a trip to Japan for two weeks with our son who will be almost 3 months old. Has anyone else taken a trip like this? Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks.
You are a brave soul, we have yet to fly with our kids. I wouldn't want to be hassled by TSA agents asking my wife to drink her breast milk to prove it isn't some dangerous substance she is bringing on board

However, I say enjoy the trip and ignore the child haters. You and your child have just as much of a right to be on that plane as any other paying customer.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:52 AM

1,917 posts, read 4,645,463 times
Wonder what the other Dmans think about this?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:52 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,386,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
3 months is a piece of cake. Eat, poop, sleep, repeat.
]

You forgot to add puke

Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 AM

16,784 posts, read 25,858,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
You are a brave soul, we have yet to fly with our kids. I wouldn't want to be hassled by TSA agents asking my wife to drink her breast milk to prove it isn't some dangerous substance she is bringing on board

TSA agents are not permitted to make you drink milk/formula or anything else.

3 months is an easy age to travel with, but No Way in Hell would I take an infant on a germ infested 20 hour flight. No where to run, no where to hide and while you have just as much right to be on that plane as anyone else, once you hit one or two hours of screaming with no place to take him/her you'll be wishing for an escape pod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or