U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 AM

1,492 posts, read 6,957,721 times

Advertisements

Need tickets near Thanksgiving and they are only selling tickets through Nov 5.

When booking through SW, they display the flights for the day and you select the one you want, with the fare displayed beside it. And there are different fares for different flights.

You do this for coming and going- departure and return.

Right now Jet Blue offers the departure for $125 plus tax and the return for almost $400.

SW flyers- when SW publishes the fares, I'll be first to buy, as I check twice a day to see if the tickets are available.

Will SW offer LOWER fares of $125 and $400 for their 'get away'- their cheapest fares?

Or should I grab that $125 one and just wait as surely SW will have the cheapy fare under $400 coming back?
This is RDU to FLL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 AM

26,346 posts, read 82,985,331 times
They used to publish when they would extend their reservations date; it was on the special offers page for some odd reason. However, their page has changed and a quick look couldn't find it.

Call southwest and ask them when they will be extending.
Look for someone on craigslist or ebay selling a round trip award, you can probably get a RT for $300 Search All Craig's - Ever wanted to search ALL craigslist sites at once?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:02 PM

14,260 posts, read 23,983,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Will SW offer LOWER fares of $125 and $400 for their 'get away'- their cheapest fares?

Or should I grab that $125 one and just wait as surely SW will have the cheapy fare under $400 coming back?
This is RDU to FLL.
My magic ball is broken. However, I have been booking Thanksgiving fares on Southwest FOREVER.

If you travel on Wednesday night and return on Sunday, you will pay the MAX fare EVEN IF YOU BOOK THE FIRST DAY THE SCHEDULE IS OPEN. (emphasis intended)

If you want to travel cheap, fly out on Thanksgiving morning and return on MONDAY night. The fares are generally very reasonable (and you make your destination by Noon in most cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or