Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times

Advertisements

We will be going to Ct for a few months,maybe splitting our time with Florida,we are not anxious to give up Florida residency,Ct regressive.
My question is how to handle mail.Post office will hold only for 30 days and forward for 6 months.State and county mail cannot be forwarded.This would be main problem.I thought you travelers would have an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 12:15 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Get a PMB (Private mailbox) and they can and will forward where and how you want.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,004,968 times
Private mail box (UPS store, Mail boxes etc ...), But you have to change your address to them. I have a friend who 'lives' in the RV. They have a friend go to there mail box infront of there house pickup the mail, sort thru it, and UPS the 'real mail' to them once a week. In a UPS overnight (2 day i think) to the RV park they are at or will be at then.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:42 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
We will be going to Ct for a few months,maybe splitting our time with Florida,we are not anxious to give up Florida residency,Ct regressive.
My question is how to handle mail.Post office will hold only for 30 days and forward for 6 months.State and county mail cannot be forwarded.This would be main problem.I thought you travelers would have an answer.
My neighbor uses this:USPS - Premium Forwarding Service (http://www.usps.com/receive/premiumforwarding/ - broken link)

Old 06-09-2010, 04:08 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times
Thank you,the $13.95 weekly rate is substancial.I could not find answer as to whether state and county mail which says do not forward return to sender would be sent in this batch??
If I go to PM box I might have trouble with delivery's?

Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
PMB's are the receiving agent for your mail. The post office can not forward the mail and must deliver it to the address or return it if a forwarding order is on file. Once the agent gets it, they can forward it because they are not the post office. PMBs are mailing address only and not your legal address so its for mailing purposes only not proof of residency. When you fill out forms it ask for your address, which is your legal physical address. You can also list a mailing address which could be a PO Box, a PMB, or some other address. That's just where you want mail sent and has nothing to do with your legal address.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM

218 posts, read 468,619 times
Default mail sent weekly

If you have the Post Office to hold your mail for the first 30 days then after that pay for PREMIUM FOWARDING. thst is where they will send you ALL your mail including "JUNK MAIL" for $15 week. If that is to much have a friend or family member pick it up after 30 days mail it to you then put it back on hold after a day or two for another 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel