U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 04:41 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,181,355 times

Advertisements

Which place would you like to visit again the most, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 06:21 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,420,830 times
Surprisingly, none. I loved (almost) all the places I've been to but the world is a big place and I'd rather go to a new destination than the same one again.

That said, we do take a quick weekend trip to Napa at least once a year because we love it so much, but that's just for the weekend. Our longer trips are always to a new destination, this year being Costa Rica.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:39 PM

5,027 posts, read 13,420,830 times
Actually, I take it back. I'd love to go back to the Grand Canyon now with my new camera (D90). I had the D40 back then and it's nothing compared to what I have now. I would loves some truly nice shots of the canyon. We live within driving distance now, but sadly neither of us has any desire to go back to AZ, so it will have to wait.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 PM

4,836 posts, read 10,193,047 times
If I could only chose one city I think it would be Sydney. Great place but I was only 13 when I was there and was there to play basketball I did not get to see much of the city.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:15 PM

9,601 posts, read 17,186,194 times
Sydney is wonderful.

I would def go back to Ireland--it's an absolutely beautiful country that I couldn't get enough of (Guinness is good for you!) and the music and the people were the friendliest people I've met anywhere. Even when my husband and I were in the front seat of a car having a very unattractive fight, someone came over and asked if she could help. Though thinking back, maybe she wanted to direct us out of town and I can't say I'd have blamed her.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:46 PM

401 posts, read 410,610 times
I would like to go back to Egypt so I could record some video of the ancient Egyptian temples. They were absolutely mind blowing. It was hard to believe they weren't made for some kind of fantasy film vice being made by real people. Plus, Abu Simbel is fascinating in that you would never guess it was cut apart and put back together in a totally new location AND, they built a totally fake hill around it so it would look like it did at its original location. Really incredible.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:15 AM

37 posts, read 113,723 times
Default Iceland

Definitely, ICELAND. Because I loved it, because it's more like being on another planet rather than in a different country, because of the landscapes and the people. I spent a month there ages ago and still have vivid memories of the place and the fabulous experience it was.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:42 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,928,266 times
Places that I could talk my husband into visiting again:
Greece. He's been twice now, but I think he'd go again, this time maybe to see more of the mainland. I enjoy the history, we both enjoy the scenic beauty and the friendly people. I'm not too worried about riots, either.

San Francisco. Never get tired of SFO and the Bay Area.

France. Either with the spouse or alone, I will be back to see my son and his girlfriend. Plenty to see and do there.

I would love to return to the UK, either Ireland, Scotland, Wales or England, but I tend to think I would have to return alone or with a girlfriend. Maybe a garden tour in May or June some time.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 AM

13,036 posts, read 22,025,373 times
I want to go back most places I have been to before but The Galapagos ( by sailboat again) would top my list as it is still the most special place I have ever been.

Then I would also love to go back to Oman ( especially the Coast) , Yemen , Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Mongolia, Lapland , Tuscany, Croatia, Turkey ( especially Istanbul and Cappadoccia) , Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guatemal, ( Mexico ( Yucatan archaeological sites) , Sri Lanka, Greenland etc... I never tire of North California ( well from Big Sur upwards and i adore SF area) and New England , or Brittany and the South-West of France either.

The only place I can think of I really have no desire to go back to is Amsterdam ( worst holiday I had, in fact only bad holiday I ever had in 42 years... ).

Old 06-04-2010, 05:58 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,898,943 times
For me Costa Rica... for hubby Malta...I've never been to Malta so he may get to see It again...was in the Navy when he was there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or