Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 10:32 AM

331 posts, read 2,108,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by washinton native View Post
hanford ... as in nuclear waste.
come on be nice... you know it isn't that bad in WA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,043,053 times
--delete--

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-20-2007 at 10:36 PM..

Old 02-06-2007, 12:28 PM

10 posts, read 49,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkermoo View Post
My husband and I are thinking about moving to the Tri-Cities area of Washington State. We visited October 7th and really liked it, but it is hard to find out about a new place in such a short visit. The home prices in Tri-Cities seem too good to be true, are they? Is the snow really bad? what is the weather like? Are there good jobs? Is there a lot of recreational activities? If anyone could give me helpful information on what it is like to live there I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
I posted a response similar to this question over here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...ob-market.html

Tri Cities is great. And, regarding the Hanford thing, Hanford is a plus for our community. Hanford stimulates the economy here, and their safety record makes them a good neighbor in regards to nuclear contamination.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:42 PM

7 posts, read 23,439 times
Default really think

if you are moving from cali.or florida then good move but not then stay were your at just visit a couple times first.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:22 PM

118 posts, read 418,873 times
OK I have to say that the brown in the Tri-Cities was a big turn off for me. But I guess I'm biased because I grew up in Green W. Wash. Seems like everything south of Ellensburg is very brown while it is a little more balanced and green in areas like Wenatchee.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:41 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobot18 View Post
OK I have to say that the brown in the Tri-Cities was a big turn off for me. But I guess I'm biased because I grew up in Green W. Wash. Seems like everything south of Ellensburg is very brown while it is a little more balanced and green in areas like Wenatchee.
HUH? I live in a Hawaiian rain forest and it looked pretty green to me.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:11 AM

3 posts, read 8,068 times
I'd consider moving back if it wasnt for Pasco and its horrible crime rate.

Another problem with Tri-Cities is Lamb Weston. The smell sometimes during the summer is foul. Even all the way out on Bombing Range in West Richland where I used to live.

Last edited by Yac; 02-15-2007 at 05:08 AM.. Reason: Offensive.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:40 PM

118 posts, read 418,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
HUH? I live in a Hawaiian rain forest and it looked pretty green to me.
I'm talking about in Washington.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,534 times
Default Tri-Cities are Great

As a Realtor, and native resident of the Tri-Cities, over 45 years, this is a place that you can do more than just live, you can call this home. The Job market is strong currently, and with all the growth in West Pasco, with business and residential, there is great potential for any family. Yes, as others have stated there is a lot of diversity in the Tri-Cites, but it is very well blended. West Pasco (Road 68 and West - and East North of the Freeway) has two new elementary schools, and they are building a new High School. There are many professionals in the area, and no matter what you want to do, if it is not in the Tri-Cities, you are no more than 3 1/2 hours away. The climate is mild, summers beautiful, and winters short. If you are a person of God, there are many churches to choose from, if you so desire - From Baptist, to Pentecostal, or LDS - there is even a local Temple. (I am not LDS) I believe that to make an informed decision about any place you need to ask!!! And ask people who have been in the area for more than a few years.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:35 PM

8 posts, read 50,192 times
Very interested in the Tri Cities. Also very concerned about the water quality because of the Hanford site. City-data had some stats on water tests; so would appreciate a local's perspective on water quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities