Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 04:05 PM

11 posts, read 17,487 times

Advertisements

Hey tricities,
Im curious as to what everybody ( Specifically people in the tricities ) thinks about the legalization of pot?..

Are you for it because you enjoy adding it to your social life legally?
or are you for it for the taxes?

Are you against it because of the public has been told about it?
or are you against it because of the negative impact that it might have on the public?

thanks for your opinions!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 03:07 AM

30,131 posts, read 18,935,540 times
I'm in favor of it because it is moving in the direction of more freedom...which I support. I also think the cost of trying to stop it's distribution and the cost to imprison people that sell or use it is ridiculously wasted money and effort.

I personally smoked pot when I was in HS and college but haven't since and have no great desire to do so now.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,422 times
want to enhance the program performance??

Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 AM

215 posts, read 876,088 times
Completely support it. Happy that Washington took the lead and passed the law.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:24 PM

9 posts, read 12,232 times
All people do it anyway might as well legalize it

Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 AM

24 posts, read 23,472 times
I don't use weed but I was all for the state's legalization of it and continue to be irritated by the TC's response of horrified gasps and clutched pearls whenever a store tries to open here. I don't support it for myself, or even for the taxes, but because the decades-long uninformed war on it has been, and still is, both harmful and expensive. I see no reason for adults to be barred from using it, especially as the legalization of it generally follows the same rules & restrictions of alcohol.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:55 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,427,731 times
I hate weed, hate being around it, hate nearly everyone who's using it while they're using it, hate dispensaries, literally like not one thing about marijuana, and am delighted that it's been legalized in my state and my previous state of 39 years. Stupidest thing ever to incarcerate anyone over. My disdain for it is honest, but entirely beside the point from a social impact standpoint; it's stupid and hypocritical for it to be illegal. Persecuting The Weed I Hate is far more socially destructive than the Weed itself can ever be. By all means let its legality grow to a national consensus, and I can easily avoid its users while they are doing their stoner stuff.

Old 05-12-2016, 08:53 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,809,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankjl View Post
All people do it anyway might as well legalize it

All people DON'T do it, but I understand your point.

It is also important to point out that the Tri-Cities does not allow pot shops. I believe the nearest one is Walla Walla.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 47,195 times
I'm a conservative and don't really support the use of marijuana...but on the other hand, I support freedom. The only trouble I have is with its legalization is that I've heard from friends in places that legalize it see a huge growth in the number of potheads roaming around. Still, I think freedom trumps this, and at any rate, any pothead problem is probably a result of its newness. After a few years, I'm sure pot in America will be like wine in Europe...not that big a deal.

And actually, I support people using it moderately...as in to relax, but my only experience with it is with the hippies at college who only get high with it quite frequently. They assure me that it does not cause brain damage...yet they're all burnt out and it takes them forever to form basic sentences lol.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:42 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,809,021 times
Since the legalization of pot in WA, I have not noticed any increased "potheads roaming around". However, again, I live in the Tri, so probably not real evident here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities