Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 07:40 PM

213 posts, read 522,375 times

Advertisements

If I can get time off from work, I'm thinking about taking a short trip to visit Richland. The hotel needs to be pet friendly. I have an American Pit Bull Terrier, and I know Richland does not have any type of BSL, so that's the only place I'm looking.

I have been thinking of relocating to Richland, so this would be a trip just to get a small idea of the area. I am looking into July 3rd-6th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 AM

11 posts, read 17,526 times
If I can ask, Why limit yourself to Richland specifically? im sure one of the three cities will have a pet friendly place. Except for the river seperating pasco, you cant really tell where kennewick ends and richland begins.

As for BSL, I live in Kennewick and own two pitbulls, My homeowners insurance covers the liability without any additional insurance.. Tricities is a great place, enjoy your trip

Old 01-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstwrtr View Post
If I can ask, Why limit yourself to Richland specifically? im sure one of the three cities will have a pet friendly place. Except for the river seperating pasco, you cant really tell where kennewick ends and richland begins.

As for BSL, I live in Kennewick and own two pitbulls, My homeowners insurance covers the liability without any additional insurance.. Tricities is a great place, enjoy your trip
It's my understanding out of the three, Richland is the only one without any form of BSL, so that's why I was sticking solely with Richland. That's fantastic to hear, I will take another look at Kennewick.

I just checked Priceline and can get a deal at the Hyatt. Are the 3-star hotels decent, safe, and hopefully not nasty?

Looking forward to the trip! Thanks!

Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM

Btw, do you have to keep them in hiding, or can you freely enjoy a walk around the neighborhood? I don't want to keep my baby girl in hiding.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:01 AM

I just made the mistake of using Priceline, and booking a hotel in Richland. They were awesome enough to give me the Red Lion in Pasco. Will this be a huge issue with BSL, since we're just visiting??

Old 01-14-2014, 03:30 PM

11 posts, read 17,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonchickfan View Post
Btw, do you have to keep them in hiding, or can you freely enjoy a walk around the neighborhood? I don't want to keep my baby girl in hiding.
Not at all, they have free run of the backyard, and they lounge in the front yard when we sit on the front porch.. both of my dogs are laid back, I walk them a few times a week on the path along the river..

As with any city, The tricities is pretty pet friendly, so long as the pet owners have taken the time to train their pets how to behave

Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstwrtr View Post
Not at all, they have free run of the backyard, and they lounge in the front yard when we sit on the front porch.. both of my dogs are laid back, I walk them a few times a week on the path along the river..

As with any city, The tricities is pretty pet friendly, so long as the pet owners have taken the time to train their pets how to behave
Thank you very much! I'm just paranoid, and don't want to inadvertently put my baby into a terrible situation with this BSL crap.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:47 PM

22 posts, read 50,029 times
The main requirement is to keep a pet on a leach,otherwise they can hike right on the pathways in the parks of Richland and Kennewick.

There is a large DOG Park in South Richland,where your dog can run around in.It is located next to Badger Mt. Park,a 42 acre community park.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsettommy View Post
The main requirement is to keep a pet on a leach,otherwise they can hike right on the pathways in the parks of Richland and Kennewick.

There is a large DOG Park in South Richland,where your dog can run around in.It is located next to Badger Mt. Park,a 42 acre community park.
Thank you. My dog is always on leash. I cannot stand going for a walk or to a regular park and having dogs just run up to me, because their owners do not obey the leash law. Our trip will be a quick one, but we will definitely check out the pathways you're referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities