Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM

4 posts, read 4,997 times

Advertisements

I know….I would rather not go to one of these. I am going through bankruptcy and of course my clunker van that I paid cash for died (head gasket, not worth fixing). I am leaning towards just buying another beater for cash because I REALLY don't want to rack up new debt right out of the bankruptcy gate. But I want something a bit more reliable. I know there are subprime auto lenders but in researching that option I've heard almost nothing but horror stories.

I know there's Bart's Auto Den, about which I have heard mostly good but still a bit mixed reviews. Any time I google "buy here pay here kennewick" or similar, the hits I get don't really seem to be truly BHPH. So I'm looking for other options and/or recommendations so I can start shopping around to see if it would really be worth it.

Edit: I am also open to suggestions in Walla Walla/Hermiston.

Last edited by cb42697; 03-19-2014 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: adding text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 06:26 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Tell us about the van. A head gasket change out should not cost a mint.

May be better to stick to the "devil you know".

If it's not in such bad shape you might be better off going to one of the better shops in town (try Cronk's across from Richland Fred Myers) and if necessary pay by credit card and pay down the balance as you can.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 4,997 times
The van is long gone….sold it to a scrap yard. I don't have any credit cards anyway, and I just filed bankruptcy so wouldn't be able to use them if I did have any.

I talked to Bart's and got details; the only thing I don't like is they don't report to credit bureaus. So I'm thinking of other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities