Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 03:48 AM

213 posts, read 522,375 times

Advertisements

Richland is one of five places I'm looking to relocate, and Riverpointe apartments keeps showing up on my Zillow notifications. I hate apartments, but they look nice. Is there a reason there's multiple rentals available or is it just because it's moving season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 06:22 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times
They are fine, but I gotta be honest with you, I don't like websites that ask for your email and phone number in order to just see some pics. And why the website's homepage is a shot of Seattle is beyond comprehension. (Seattle is 3 and a half hours away on a good day).

Their rates seem to be in line with the market, even somewhat less. Location is so-so, depending on where you commute to. Right off the 240 (Bypass Highway) which means if you work in Central or even South Richland it is great, not so much if you work in Pasco or Kennewick. If you work at Hanford, there are many other apartment options that would reduce your commute. Also realize trains come by this area quite often and they love to let you know it! Another insider tip, there is going to be major construction in the next 2-3 years on Duportail as they are building a new bridge across the Snake River.

I would be happy to provide some good alternatives. Just let me know where you will be commuting to, if anywhere.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 05-21-2017 at 06:34 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 10:01 PM

PNWGuy2--thank you for the insight. I was in the area a couple years ago, but only for a few days, so I didn't get to see all of the area.

I'm browsing Richland/West Richland, Benton City, Burbank and Finley (for the Tri-Cities area), because I have a 13 y/o American Pit Bull Terrier. *Not looking for opinions about my dog. I adopted her in 2005, and she's my kid. She's not going anywhere.* Those locations were suggested to me by the Pit Bull Pen, a pit bull rescue in Benton City.

I'm also looking at Hermiston, Pendleton, Nampa (not sold as it's still too far from family), and the Madras/Culver area of Cental Oregon (where family lives and I grew up).

As of right now, I will be going to school full-time. My house in Nevada will be on the market in the next month. I will continue to do volunteer work (which I was, until recently, doing in Nevada) with CASA or the domestic violence shelter of Benton/Franklin counties.

I'm in my late 30's, so trying to stay away from areas where lots of younger students reside. And, I hate apartments. Lol.

All of the areas I mentioned work well with my asthma and allergies. On the west side, be it Seattle, Portland or any other area along the I-5 corridor, I'm constantly sick and I don't want to live like that.

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to shed a little bit more light on my thought process.

Last edited by oregonchickfan; 05-21-2017 at 10:10 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 10:13 PM

Good luck, and let me know if I can offer any other information that would help.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Good luck, and let me know if I can offer any other information that would help.
Thank you! I guess, at this point, I am curious if there's a property management company I should avoid and who to contact. I'm looking on Zillow and Craigslist, and using a Google search for property management companies in the area.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:33 PM

I would try and meet the individual owners in person, if possible. If not, most property owners are OK and operate in good faith. Fortunately, most in the Tri-Cities are upstanding and fair. The one thing I like about this area is most folks are fair and are not out to scam you. Best of luck, again, as I think most will treat you fairly.

For individual complexes or areas, I certainly could offer my opinion, if needed.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I would try and meet the individual owners in person, if possible. If not, most property owners are OK and operate in good faith. Fortunately, most in the Tri-Cities are upstanding and fair. The one thing I like about this area is most folks are fair and are not out to scam you. Best of luck, again, as I think most will treat you fairly.

For individual complexes or areas, I certainly could offer my opinion, if needed.
Yes, I'd like to hear your opinion on complexes and areas. Thank you.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:45 PM

Certainly. Just ask on this forum, which I check into frequently!

Old 05-28-2017, 11:13 PM

I was able to search around the Riverpointe website a bit more thoroughly today, and I see a small section where it says "breed restrictions apply," and I know what that means, so that's out.

Crown Property Management has a couple homes I'm interested in, in Benton City, if they're still available around mid-June, I will check on them.

Are there other apartments and property management companies I should check with, that are bully breed friendly?

I am trying to steer clear of G.W. Way/Jadwin Ave/Van Giesen St., since I got a shady vibe when I was there a couple years ago. Has that area changed for the better?

Old 05-29-2017, 05:59 PM

20 posts, read 27,962 times
Hello. (sorry upfront for bad editing) and good luck

https://www.yelp.com/biz/riverpointe...ments-richland

See below on newer apartment complex that allows pit bulls:

I am from Oregon originally, lived on the East coast for decades, my NYC apartment was in a fire (eventually I ended up almost dead and on LOW SSD(I) from chemicals during illegal renovations). I was obtaining my Masters NYU but like most with chemical injury lost all things and live in almost isolation. (many live in tents and cars) I can't be around fragrance products (they are made from highly toxic petro chemicals and worse - another background in chemistry and chemistry of arts) and most violate the ADA by having huge products in the offices.

I am here now with my sister in Tricities WA (she is a retired engineer) but I have to find housing and although my needs are different (I have to inform the office managers and often their management companies and now one places lawyers that they are in violation of many laws). And that is how I know most property managers are off site in another city. (Seatle and other larger WA cities)

I have been doing copious research (my background was in both medical and legal research, I worked at NYC law firms doing research including property research along with other areas over the decades).

The local DV center and shelter - I have a contact there for later if need be. A male social worker (I think he was a SW) started it but obviously all female staff.

Back to the topic.

1 - Many of these apartment complexes are owned by companies that receive federal financial assistance (as low as 0 to 1% and some do not have to pay it back as long as they provide housing) in exchange for providing housing - there is a great variation, some for elderly, handicapped, assisted living and some if not most are mixed. Nueve sp Vista is one such (new) mixed apartment complex (one of the entire complex must take someone such as myself - but I hate apartments myself, am exceptionally quite and will never live under anyone again (noise). lol ( I see it has a NO pet policy) The management companies are usually from another major city like Spokane or Seatle. (that is why the homepage goes elsewhere) Riverpointe is as well Section 8 voucher.

The luxuary place I mentioned below may not, but even the elderly "assisted living" receives such funding - who knew.

It reminds me when Michael Savage ranted about "Catholic Charities" (yes they are not they reap big incomes with these loans) and or Tony Soprano of the old HBO series.

That is because after ONE year they can have the lease be month to month (and raise rents to market rate). (I just looked up a Riverpointe Yelp review not great) The area you mentioned as a bad "vibe" I agree!

For your purposes you will be obviously payinig market rates - but see the yelp review on river pointe where the lease then went month to month. (having lived in CA Boston and NYC and Europe long ago this is weird). so check up front.

I suspect this is for many places but have not checked them all. The driver on the Dial a Ride mentioned another place and how many were displaced when the lease went month to month and the rents were raised. It is as if there is no tenant protection here??? But I only know the places I went to (all are on the same list - just a percentage is for other housing on the same property).

My suggestion and what I would do if my income was a tad more - why not look into a moble home situation? Now wait before you go IKES!!!

Most are in the same type of "gated community" (as with my sister but no real gate) just a community with requirements. Keep the yard looking nice, some have pools, some have kids, some NO kids.

Across from her place were some that met my savings budget -and were lovely. I just want to do my art again! My budget was just not enough.

I have the name of a realtor - a woman but had to let this solution for myself go as I finally realized my income was just not going to make it.

Kay Lehmann <kjl99362@gmail.com>

Here is a link to places (I found a great one out near Walla Walla - a carpenter had really made the place look superb, dog run as well, tiny house in back to rent out for more rent - only $10K but near a huge power plant and for me no transportation. It was at this link as well so maybe you can find that as a solution to allow a dog.

https://www.mhvillage.com/

Another - realtor.com

Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Apartments & Houses for Rent - realtor.com®

Just did a quick search but may be others.

https://www.taptealapartments.com/

Luxury and convenience combine to make Tapteal on the Columbia the sanctuary you have been searching for. Situated in the middle of the Tri-Cities, our Richland, WA apartments for rent offer a variety of high quality apartment homes in one of the best locations. Tapteal offers an array of outdoor adventure with it's location on the Columbia Park Trail across from the Columbia Park Marina and Columbia Park. Just off the 240, we are near the Columbia Center Mall, Columbia Park walking and bike trails and the Chiawana Park. Our *beautiful one- and two-bedroom layouts were carefully designed with spacious living areas and a variety of convenient advantages for every taste. Superior design, landscaping, and craftsmanship are among the many reasons why Tapteal on the Columbia stands out as a premier, pet-friendly apartment community in Richland, Washington.

Tapteal on the Columbia Apartment Homes welcomes pets of all sizes! We are in close proximity to the Clippity Dippity Cuts and Sagemoor Kennels, as well as Columbia Park and Chiawana Park, which offer open space for your pet to run and play. Our apartments accommodate up to two pets per home. There is a one-time pet fee of $300 per pet. Breed restrictions apply. For further details, please contact our leasing office. Your pets will love it here!

Breeds of Dogs:
  • Pit Bulls
  • Rottweilers
  • Presa Canario
  • German Shepherds
  • Huskies
  • Malamutes
  • Dobermans
  • Chowchows
  • St. Bernard's
  • Great Danes
  • Akitas
  • Terriers (Staffordshire)
  • American Bull Dog
  • Karelian Bear Dog
  • Any hybrid or mixed breed of one of the aforementioned breeds

Last edited by sazure; 05-29-2017 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities