U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2018, 12:53 AM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
9,309 posts, read 7,566,075 times
Reputation: 8606

Advertisements

Earth being moved just south of Clearwater on Edison. What is this? My guess is new residential, either apartments and/or duplexes. (this large lot has been vacant for decades, glad to see something/anything being built here)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2018, 11:24 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
9,309 posts, read 7,566,075 times
Reputation: 8606
New multi-story hotel just west of the Red Lion Columbia Center on Quinault? I noticed the sign today, though it may have been there for awhile. Meanwhile, the Red Lion itself is looking to redevelop its "front lawn", and perhaps their "backyard" with new retail/restaurants. Probably a good move, as they have a lot of real estate that is just sitting there right now at this important and busy intersection.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2018, 06:32 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
9,309 posts, read 7,566,075 times
Reputation: 8606
New sports bar coming to the W. Clearwater/Leslie Road area in the rapidly growing Badger Canyon area.

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...219496225.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2018, 08:24 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
9,309 posts, read 7,566,075 times
Reputation: 8606
And the hits just keep on comin'...

Dick's Sporting Goods to open at the old Regal movie site at Columbia Center.

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...219819380.html

New office building in downtown Kennewick? Yes, it is true.

https://www.tricitiesbusinessnews.co...own-kennewick/

Not exactly under the category of "what is going in here", but I don't want to open yet another new thread...

United to fly non-stop to LAX.

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...220044130.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2018, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Eastern Washington
16,430 posts, read 53,711,541 times
Reputation: 16856
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
And the hits just keep on comin'...

Dick's Sporting Goods to open at the old Regal movie site at Columbia Center.

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...219819380.html

New office building in downtown Kennewick? Yes, it is true.

https://www.tricitiesbusinessnews.co...own-kennewick/

Not exactly under the category of "what is going in here", but I don't want to open yet another new thread...

United to fly non-stop to LAX.

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/...220044130.html

Well, Dick's can "shove it" as far as I am concerned, like most RKBA people I won't buy from them. But, good, let them waste their money only to find out the local crowd does not like them. Not to be a sour puss, but, it is what it is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2018, 08:22 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
9,309 posts, read 7,566,075 times
Reputation: 8606
The new construction just north of the Homewood Suites on Geo Way in Richland is a strip mall. Hurray!

Ground finally broken for the new Pasco Courtyard By Marriott on Argent, will become the closest hotel to the airport.

Looks like groundbreaking for the pit on Geo Way at Lee Blvd is imminent. Apartments and limited retail here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2018, 07:57 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
9,309 posts, read 7,566,075 times
Reputation: 8606
New signs up at the new Queensgate roundabouts for new retail called "Queensgate Plaza", near the wineries and the Ben Franklin park and ride.

The new construction on Edison just south of Clearwater is a new union hall. However, there appears to be more development on the same plat. I'm glad to see this long empty space finally being filled in Kennewick. I like infill more than sprawl.

The construction out by I-82 on the SE corner of Clearwater and Badger Mountain Road will be another gas/convenience store, no word on the brand yet. What is known is this once sleepy roundabout will be getting much more traffic with this addition, and a new brewpub under construction in the immediate area, not to mention the huge apartment complex that is nearing completion just up the hill...perhaps close to 800 units at completion!.

There continues to be new construction along Clearwater from Badger Mountain Road to Columbia Center Blvd. I see that there is land plotting occurring just south of the Kadlec clinic at Steptoe and Clearwater.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 12-16-2018 at 08:19 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2018, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Eastern Washington
16,430 posts, read 53,711,541 times
Reputation: 16856
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
New signs up at the new Queensgate roundabouts for new retail called "Queensgate Plaza", near the wineries and the Ben Franklin park and ride.

The new construction on Edison just south of Clearwater is a new union hall. However, there appears to be more development on the same plat. I'm glad to see this long empty space finally being filled in Kennewick. I like infill more than sprawl.

The construction out by I-82 on the SE corner of Clearwater and Badger Mountain Road will be another gas/convenience store, no word on the brand yet. What is known is this once sleepy roundabout will be getting much more traffic with this addition, and a new brewpub under construction in the immediate area, not to mention the huge apartment complex that is nearing completion just up the hill...perhaps close to 800 units at completion!.

There continues to be new construction along Clearwater from Badger Mountain Road to Columbia Center Blvd. I see that there is land plotting occurring just south of the Kadlec clinic at Steptoe and Clearwater.



All these places are so crowded already, nobody goes there anymore.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2018, 08:30 PM
 
Location: WA Desert, Seattle native
9,309 posts, read 7,566,075 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
All these places are so crowded already, nobody goes there anymore.
I never thought it would work, but the new roundabouts on Queensgate near I-182 have indeed done what they were built to do...reduce congestion. I drive them everyday, and they do work!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2018, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Eastern Washington
16,430 posts, read 53,711,541 times
Reputation: 16856
The roundabouts work to the extent that the locals know how to use them. The one where SR 225 and SR 224 meet in Benton City works well, most of the time.


That monstrosity at 240 and 395 over in Kennewick - the double circle - I always detour around it.


As usual around here, while I can normally handle the driving environment pretty easily, there are always a few people who "never got the word" - and they tend to be unpredictable when they are confronted with something new like a traffic circle.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:22 PM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top