U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2008, 10:12 PM

4,327 posts, read 6,722,019 times
I'm delighted Yoke's moved into our part of south Kennewick. Sure, it probably costs a bit more, but if I was all about the lowest price I'd go all the way to Winco or Walmart. I like having a quality grocery close to me. If that means paying a bit more, okay.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 PM

186 posts, read 521,813 times
^Comments like this are encouraging to me. It gives me hope that maybe the Tri-Cities isn't just an area full of Wal-Mart shoppers, willing to eat low-quality, fattening foods just to save a buck.

Yoke's is my fav and even though in Pasco we have Wal-Mart right across the street at cheaper prices, I value quality, and I value what Yoke's gives back to the community. Plus I can find things at Yokes that I can't get anywhere else, to make my delicious ethnic dishes!

As I've said before, they will keep my business.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:49 PM

37 posts, read 199,574 times
I too am glad to see people want to shop somewhere besides Walmart! They will never get my $$ that's forsure!
Glad there's an option like Yoke's....hope Trader Joe's gets here soon!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:59 AM

4,327 posts, read 6,722,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Waffle View Post
^Comments like this are encouraging to me. It gives me hope that maybe the Tri-Cities isn't just an area full of Wal-Mart shoppers, willing to eat low-quality, fattening foods just to save a buck.

Yoke's is my fav and even though in Pasco we have Wal-Mart right across the street at cheaper prices, I value quality, and I value what Yoke's gives back to the community. Plus I can find things at Yokes that I can't get anywhere else, to make my delicious ethnic dishes!

As I've said before, they will keep my business.
I think Yoke's does most things right, including community stuff. They understand that people expect a newcomer business to immerse itself in such things. I've been to the west Pasco one as well. One other thing I like about Yokes is that they are nearly identically set up. If you ever come to the south Kennewick one, you already know your way around.

And it does at least offer a fighting chance of being able to make ethnic food from the ingredients. At the holidays, we try a different cuisine every year. Most of the time we can get the shopping done at Yoke's.

Unfortunately, the majority in this area might as well set their ringtones to 'Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers!' But I refuse. The only thing I bought at Wal-Mart was something I knew I was going to return. It felt like walking through a burn ward.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:56 AM

17 posts, read 31,551 times
I find Yoke's to be priced just like Safeway and Albertsons. Just depends on what's on sale and your eating habits. I love Yoke's for the produce, the beer selection and the HUGE selection and variety of cheeses. All my boxed, dry foods and canned what-not I just hit up Wal-Mart or Albertsons if they're on sale.

I love Yoke's

Old 11-17-2008, 04:52 PM

11 posts, read 46,121 times
I do the vast majority of my shopping at WinCo but do like to hit Yoke's every so often.

As said, their produce and most EXCELLENT cheese selection rock. I'll add meat quality to that list as well and have found some good deals there in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities