U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2020, 10:36 AM

18 posts, read 19,840 times

Advertisements

I have retired and I am selling my home in a high cost of living area, With the proceeds of my home Moving to the Tri cities which will allow me to be a big fish in a small Pond. In Miami I was a nobody since there is a lot of wealth in Pam Beach and Miami Beach not mention wealthy Europeans and South Americans.
Where could I buy a home in the 500K to 600K range, where other homes sell for the same or more.
Thanks for any feedback.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 07:37 PM

9,267 posts, read 7,512,218 times
Badger Mountain in South Richland near Keene Rd. Most are in that price range and have views. You can find lower prices more on the bottom of the mountain.

Somewhat older but elegant homes in Northeast Richland with some Columbia River views but most in that price range just a few blocks from the river. Near great riverside parks.

Pasco on and near the river.

In Kennewick, the hillside above and near Canyon Lakes golf course many with views.

The real estate market here remains white hot despite the pandemic. Probably due to continued population growth from places like Seattle and Portland. Prices have continued to go up since I moved back in 2015.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 12-25-2020 at 07:46 PM..

Old 12-26-2020, 06:24 AM

Thanks PNW guy, I definitely love the Columbia river and it would be nice to live some place with a view. of the river.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:11 PM

83 posts, read 54,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova1967 View Post
I have retired and I am selling my home in a high cost of living area, With the proceeds of my home Moving to the Tri cities which will allow me to be a big fish in a small Pond. In Miami I was a nobody since there is a lot of wealth in Pam Beach and Miami Beach not mention wealthy Europeans and South Americans.
Where could I buy a home in the 500K to 600K range, where other homes sell for the same or more.
Thanks for any feedback.

Congrats on becoming the big cheese

Old 12-31-2020, 04:51 PM

3,214 posts, read 9,532,527 times
A lot of rich people live out in the neighborhood East of Oak Street and South of 27th Avenue, I'm not sure if that area is Kennewick or Finley.

It is a really nice, country neighborhood

Old 01-04-2021, 03:26 PM

16,408 posts, read 53,583,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Badger Mountain in South Richland near Keene Rd. Most are in that price range and have views. You can find lower prices more on the bottom of the mountain.

Somewhat older but elegant homes in Northeast Richland with some Columbia River views but most in that price range just a few blocks from the river. Near great riverside parks.

Pasco on and near the river.

In Kennewick, the hillside above and near Canyon Lakes golf course many with views.

The real estate market here remains white hot despite the pandemic. Probably due to continued population growth from places like Seattle and Portland. Prices have continued to go up since I moved back in 2015.
OP, you may want to research the 3 main cities here and see which one would suit you best. Without getting into details, they all have their strong and weak points. If you are going to be working, you want to live close to work, IMHO, unless another of the cities appeals to you so much that you are willing to set up a somewhat longer commute.

You could consider a house outside of town as well. I live out just west of Prosser, have been here almost 30 years, while the commute is long when I have to commute, I can take a less traveled "blue" road that makes for an entertaining drive, so I don't usually find the commute objectionable.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:00 PM

Default Richest people in Tri Cities.

Hi Mitch, Thanks for the insight but I don't think I could live in Prosser, I am not a country boy.
Richland seems nice but I am a retiree so commuting to Hanford is not a priority.

I heard Harris avenue in Richland is pretty high end.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:57 PM

9,267 posts, read 7,512,218 times
Harris ave is right on the river. Most of those are a million plus. Location, location, location!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities