Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 07:12 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,058,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
So you consider Shari's a non-chain restaurant. Okay. If Shari's isn't a chain, then what is?
Shari's is a chain, and I honestly wonder how many people could tell if a plate came from Shari's or Denny's if they were not in the restaurant - but Shari's did start in Hermiston, the Original Shari's is still there. But IMHO they are not much different from Denny's (which I think originated in Seattle, but I digress)

Speaking of chains, there is a very thin national chain of Original Pancake House restaurants, probably something like a dozen, they are very good.

I think a lot of people think of the big national burger chains when we say "chain".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 10:07 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,456,103 times
I have the sad duty to announce that Casa Mia, long one of our favorites, has changed its menus. Prices way up, which would be okay (been a while) if they hadn't dropped the antipasto salad off the menu. Was the best salad for the money in the TC far as I was concerned. I was so disappointed, I scanned the menu, set it down, got up and politely let them know I'd changed my mind and was leaving.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I have the sad duty to announce that Casa Mia, long one of our favorites, has changed its menus. Prices way up, which would be okay (been a while) if they hadn't dropped the antipasto salad off the menu. Was the best salad for the money in the TC far as I was concerned. I was so disappointed, I scanned the menu, set it down, got up and politely let them know I'd changed my mind and was leaving.
I had not heard about the change in prices, but have heard the quality has been off for a while. If you are going to the one in Kennewick, on Kennewick Ave, across the street is J's Flaming Grill, which according to friends is much better.

The owners/managers of Casa Mia had better wake up - in the Tri-Cities, you have to have fairly low prices or people won't patronize you. The Russian restaurant Samovar in Richland was good but expensive for about 3 years, then the quality started to falter - not long after that they closed. One can get away with charging more than average if the quality is excellent, but I doubt you can make as much money as with a cheaper price and volume.

Unfortunately if the price is low enough you can thrive even with damn awful chow - various chains come to mind.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 PM

I don't know if you want to consider it a "restaurant" or just a cafeteria, but the one at Kadlec Hospital in Richland is surprisingly good, and very inexpensive. I have heard this is done as a service to local seniors who might not want to cook, or live alone - not certain. But for something different, there you go.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
I don't know if you want to consider it a "restaurant" or just a cafeteria, but the one at Kadlec Hospital in Richland is surprisingly good, and very inexpensive. I have heard this is done as a service to local seniors who might not want to cook, or live alone - not certain. But for something different, there you go.
If so, that would be a unique moment. "Honey, let's go out for hospital food!"

Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,930,240 times
Quote:
Where I'm from, the local old men would go to the hospital cafeteria for lunch.

I thought it was weird, but it was cheap, and nearly school quality.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 PM

89 posts, read 231,264 times
There's a gas station in Richland that has good potato chips, and I think they're cheap. They also sell delicious soft drinks.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:34 AM

215 posts, read 877,792 times
With comments like these its no wonder we have such a pathetic selection of restaurants...nobody is even trying......

For non-chain I suggest:

Masala (Indian)
Mezzo Thai (new location on Gage)
Fujiyama (Japanese Steakhouse)
Fat Olives (Italian)
Taverna Tagaris (Tapas, wines, entrees)

Old 06-29-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Waffle View Post
With comments like these its no wonder we have such a pathetic selection of restaurants...nobody is even trying......

For non-chain I suggest:

Masala (Indian)
Mezzo Thai (new location on Gage)
Fujiyama (Japanese Steakhouse)
Fat Olives (Italian)
Taverna Tagaris (Tapas, wines, entrees)
I've tried three of the above. Masala I will miss when I move; it's my preferred Indian restaurant. Fat Olives is pretty good, though their expansion into Kennewick was a complete fiasco as far as I can tell. Tagaris is great if one is looking for something upscale, which one sometimes is.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
It's been a while since I ate "in-patient" food, but this is way less - institutional, I guess. More chow than cuisine, and cooked with somewhat less salt etc. - but quite good really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities