Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:54 PM

9 posts, read 43,360 times

Advertisements

I've just moved into an apartment complex, and there's no on-site recycling. No one in the manager's office seems to know where I can take my recycling, and I'm not having much luck finding a center that takes your average household paper/glass/plastic/etc.

Are there any neighborhood recycle sites, or is my only option waste management in Kennewick, or a salvage yard? Location is not a problem; I'll haul this stuff to the outskirts of Kennewick, Richland or Pasco if I must.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
I know that Richland has recycling bins, there is one near where I work. They recycle clear, green, brown glass, steel/aluminum, newspaper, and some plastice (I forget which ones)

If you have any significant aluminum scrap, you can sell that rather than donate it.

Don't know about Kennewick, someone who does should post soon.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:27 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
I know WM has curbside recycling in Kennewick. Call them up and find out if they'll take yours: 509-582-5121.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:54 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but alas, they won't do curbside collection where I live. WM has a transfer station in Kennewick, so I guess that's going to be it. They're open limited hours, so if anyone knows of a recycle center that's open 24/7 (or at least open past 5:00PM), the address or cross-streets would be great!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:07 PM

215 posts, read 877,590 times
It is absolutely PATHETIC that Tri-Cities does not have better recycling options for the size of the community. This place has a long way to go toward becoming more eco-conscious...

Old 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Waffle View Post
It is absolutely PATHETIC that Tri-Cities does not have better recycling options for the size of the community. This place has a long way to go toward becoming more eco-conscious...
No kidding!! I've lived in King Co. and Snohomish Co., and if curbside pick up wasn't already available, you didn't have to go far to find a recycling center, even in remote corners of Sno. Co.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Waffle View Post
Its primary employment comes from nuclear contamination cleanup, nuclear fuel manufacture and various other nuclear thises and thats. Expecting a strong local sentiment toward better ecological consciousness here is like hoping for vegan restaurants in Kansas: it just won't get much traction.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:45 PM

150 posts, read 695,575 times
I would really like to see better recycling options. Fortunately in Kennewick you can get curbside bins and I use them but most of my friends and family do not. I did have to call WM to request the bins but they were delivered quickly. They mailed a brochure recently that lists all of the recyclable items and I was shocked to see how many things I could have been recycling this entire time and wasn't.

I'm not surprised that there are not more recycle options in the Tri-Cities just from the attitude of most of my friends who find recycling to be a hassle because they are extremely lazy.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 PM

37 posts, read 320,573 times
Coming from Portland I was just used to having recycling everywhere. It is sooo strange to not have them at our apartment complex, etc. Hopefully we can get some curb side bins in Richland when our house is done being built.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcres View Post
I would really like to see better recycling options. Fortunately in Kennewick you can get curbside bins and I use them but most of my friends and family do not. I did have to call WM to request the bins but they were delivered quickly. They mailed a brochure recently that lists all of the recyclable items and I was shocked to see how many things I could have been recycling this entire time and wasn't.
I got that same brochure. One request I made of WM was a different colour bin for paper, since inexplicably that isn't one of the three bins they usually drop off. They did so and I've been sending out a pile of old magazines and junk mail that way ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities