Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,644 times

Advertisements

Is there an honest auto mechanic shop that won't screw an out of town visitor on car repairs? Mainly a shop that will give me a printed estimate and not overcharge me on car parts and labor - thinking they won't gain a repeat customer anyways. Since I am not local I'd prefer to provide the parts. Paying more for warrantied parts is dumb if I will be three states away the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 06:11 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
What are you up to here? What kind of car?

Most shops do object to using your parts. They make some of their money on the parts, usually they get a discount beyond what you or I would get. Better not to buy the parts yourself unless you clear this with the shop in advance.

If you are in a vintage VW, I like Bug Shack. For general repairs, I like Cronks, in south Richland, Redline, out near the Richland airport (not the main airport in Pasco). I also like Astley's over in Pasco.

Unfortunately most of the good shops are booked out about a week.

Good luck!

Old 09-28-2008, 04:05 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Go to Tri-Cities Battery at Clearwater and Kellogg (5900 Clearwater; don't confuse it with a similarly named place nearby; this one is next to the toaster-giving bank with some flag-waving name), and ask to have Ralph repair your ride. They are good people, and as for Ralph, he has solved issues that four other mechanics (including two supposedly certified, etc. dealer 'auto techs') couldn't figure out.

The telling point about them is that they always have the same employees every time I visit, with low turnover. I asked a mechanic why that was, one time. He said, "Because they give you the tools you need." Meaning, they don't make their staff limp along with crummy gear. They must also like working there, based on the positive morale and friendly nature of the desk staff. If you took a hosing I would be stunned.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:35 PM

11 posts, read 74,220 times
I've been to Jack's Superior Autobody on Columbia Drive twice now and both times they've been great. The Toyota dealership uses them for their bodywork which is how I found out about them.

My car just got smacked on Sunday and I had a printed estimate from Jack's after only being there for 10 minutes. I am optimistic they'll do an excellent job and if not, I'll be sure to say so!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,059 times
Does anybody know of any place where they do extraction bolt removals.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:05 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beto73 View Post
Does anybody know of any place where they do extraction bolt removals.
You need to be a little clearer in what you need done. If you are asking which shops can remove a bolt that the head has been broken off, any shop can do this.

Not in Kennewick, but across from the Richland Fred Meyers is Cronk's, excellent shop. They are good enough that they generally have several cars waiting for work, the only downside is they generally can't work on your car the same day you bring it in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities