Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,795 times

Advertisements

I can appreciate that HOA rules are important to maintain the appearance of the neighborhood, but what I object to are the horrible looking foreclosed homes, of which there are several in the Creekstone development. Apparently if they are in foreclosure, there is no need to maintain them. The yards are all weedy and dead and the HOA does nothing to help this. What is really distressing is the complete lack of respect for the rules, we have one on our street that isn't an approved rental (apparently there are 7 in the entire neighborhood) yet there are people other than the owner living there, and not maintaining the yard. Don't buy in Creekstone, the fees are high and the HOA is not responsive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 08:37 PM

8 posts, read 20,180 times
I own a house in a H.O.A neighbor hood and I can tell you I will NEVER do it again. They actually measured my tree and stated its a 1/2" too short. They complained and took me to court and lost about my Dish on the roof. FAA has laws that over ride H.O.A.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 744 times
Default Creekstone is THE WORST

I would NEVER buy in Creekstone AGAIN! Horrible! You can't do ANYTHING without getting a letter and a threat. I had a truck for my child who is turning 16, parked and we did move it often as I drove it too sometimes, they sent me a letter to remove it from my property!!!! AND they fined me. It would be parked in MY DRIVEWAY and sometimes on the street, in front of my home, right behind my neighbors! No one could tell me what I violated!
Lets talk HOA, clearly no one has updated those in this group! They are almost 70 dollars now! The board refuses to get bids from ANYWHERE else for yard. Also, where is the pool we were promised years ago? Or the clubhouse?
No now they want you to pay over 2000 a house to change from the wood fence to BRICK fences! Are you kidding me?! Yeah because as a single parent I can do that!
I got in trouble for removing DEAD bushes out of my front yard.
I am selling my home, this is ridiculous!

Old 08-23-2019, 06:27 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,880,044 times
I have never really understood HOA's for sub-division non-attached homes. I guess if the community offers certain attributes then there would be a case, but Creekstone, as others have mentioned has some playgrounds, but that is about it...perhaps some landscaping costs. But $49 isn't much. I do understand traditional condo HOA's, which are important to maintain the connected units on the outside, plus additional costs such as pool maintenance, landscaping, etc. I live in such, and have no problem with paying a somewhat modest HOA fee to keep the grounds kept up. But, to me, a private home should be the responsibility of the owner. I do understand that the community in both cases wants to make sure the value is retained by keeping the general area looking nice. Buyers should understand what they are paying for in any such transaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities