U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-27-2009, 08:19 PM

31 posts, read 86,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Thumbs down on Tri-Cities. Only has a mediocre community college and a WSU branch campus. Plus, it has blistering hot summers. Next month I'll be mowing in 105 F weather at some point. TC even probably has significant residual radioactivity like St. George--I bet they don't test much around town simply because they know what they would find.
1) CBC is one of the best CC's is the state.

2) Summer's are suppose to hot.

3) They are always "testing" around town, besides no one gets alive anyway.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 08:37 PM

4,358 posts, read 6,991,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberBoy View Post
1) CBC is one of the best CC's is the state.
Unsupported statement. Kindly demonstrate proof. I think, based on my wife's experiences there, that it is more likely one of the worst than one of the best.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Unsupported statement. Kindly demonstrate proof. I think, based on my wife's experiences there, that it is more likely one of the worst than one of the best.
That's here say. Your going off what someone else says ("your wife's experiences") and the WSU branch campus is an excellent school as well.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
That's here say. Your going off what someone else says ("your wife's experiences") and the WSU branch campus is an excellent school as well.
Yours is as much 'here say' as anyone else's, and no more or less valid than my wife's. Furthermore, if you learned your orthography at either school, you're making a tragic advertisement for its standards.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Yours is as much 'here say' as anyone else's, and no more or less valid than my wife's. Furthermore, if you learned your orthography at either school, you're making a tragic advertisement for its standards.
Mine isn't here say when I went to school at CBC and WSU. On the ohter hand you saying it isn't a good school becuase "your wife" said so is "here say"

Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Mine isn't here say when I went to school at CBC and WSU. On the ohter hand you saying it isn't a good school becuase "your wife" said so is "here say"
Thanks for supporting my original point, though I am sure that was not your intention.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks for supporting my original point, though I am sure that was not your intention.
Heresay is stating what someone else said - information gathered by you from your wife concerning CBC of which YOU had no direct experience ("he said she said").

Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Heresay is stating what someone else said - information gathered by you from your wife concerning CBC of which YOU had no direct experience ("he said she said").
I hope I'm not the only one who's enjoying the irony of this.

In any case, it's perfectly valid for me to go by my wife's impressions, and you still offer no comparative studies to prove your point, so your impressions are no more or less valid than anyone else's (however inadvertently revealing they happen to be). Just repeating that you think they are excellent schools does not make them so, especially if you have never attended any others and can offer no objective evidence. A good school would have taught you the value of this.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:

In any case, it's perfectly valid for me to go by my wife's impressions.
Does your wife do all your thinking/views/opinions for you.?. I'm speaking by experience at both colleges, your putting them down becuase your wife didn't like CBC. If you went to CBC and you didn't like it, that's one thing and would be a valid opinion. To put down something you haven't experienced is another.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Does your wife do all your thinking/views/opinions for you.?. I'm speaking by experience at both colleges, your putting them down becuase your wife didn't like CBC. If you went to CBC and you didn't like it, that's one thing and would be a valid opinion. To put down something you haven't experienced is another.
I was closely involved with my wife's experiences at CBC, so my opinion is perfectly valid. Furthermore, I happen to respect my wife's opinions in general, and I should in this case in particular, because (evidently) unlike you, she and I have attended educational institutions outside the Tri-Cities.

But I'm not just basing it on what I saw my wife go through. I'm basing it on the opinions of a lot of educated people I know, people with valid grounds for their views. Most of them say the same thing: it's mediocre.

You still provide no comparative data to support your statements, nor any evidence that you have personal comparative experience. You're just parroting boosterism based on your own narrow perspective. Furthermore, you have a personal ax to grind, because if CBC is mediocre than that suggests that your own education was mediocre. So you don't even have a firm claim to objectivity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities