Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 9,226 times

Advertisements

My German-born, American-adopted wife that knows no German
(besides Beer, that is!) has found her birth-mother and gotten
a couple of letters translated by the lady that helped ($$) find her.

If anyone knows someone (or a likely place to look) that would
translate a letter perhaps every couple of months, let me know.
She's legally blind, so even learning German isn't going to help
and I don't have the time.

thanks, DrDave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 11:57 PM

371 posts, read 1,760,784 times
I am learning german

I cannot promise you anything but Ill do what I can if you PM me

No seriously, i just barely completed 1 year, but I have no idea of anyone who does this sort of thing.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:39 AM

21 posts, read 76,412 times
I suggest that you go to the local high school and meet with one of their German language teachers. There's bound to be one somewhere. A local college would work as well.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:59 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,422,962 times
My brother's girlfriend is visiting here from Hamburg FROG, so if I can help pm me....

Have a nice weekend...

Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 AM

17,208 posts, read 57,035,276 times
If you can read the script, type it into Google Translate, it's pretty good from German to English. If it was Russian, I could read it, but my ability to read German is pretty limited - I can more or less make out car magazine articles.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:46 PM

466 posts, read 1,061,897 times
Default german speaking

Hi, my name is Karin, I am 53 and most important, German and living in the US since 2005. I would be happy to help. We are living in Portland, OR. That is not very close, I know, but we are looking for relocating to Washington and the Tri-City area would be considered, if my husband could find a good job as a fence installer or welder. I heard that the region is economical good and the pay is good too.
Anyway, I would be happy to help. you could send me a copy of the letters and I can translate them.
Let me know -mod cut: email removed

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-14-2008 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: It isn't recommended posting an email address for your own protection. Better to use DM instead to start a conversation.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:00 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,422,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagicre View Post
Hi, my name is Karin, I am 53 and most important, German and living in the US since 2005. I would be happy to help. We are living in Portland, OR. That is not very close, I know, but we are looking for relocating to Washington and the Tri-City area would be considered, if my husband could find a good job as a fence installer or welder. I heard that the region is economical good and the pay is good too.
Anyway, I would be happy to help. you could send me a copy of the letters and I can translate them.
Let me know -mod cut: email removed
Hi Karin, you can't display your e-mail address, but can state to have them pm you a message ...

vette-dude
TriCities

Old 07-17-2008, 05:02 PM

371 posts, read 1,760,784 times
Nice to see so many people contributing

Old 08-14-2008, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,259 times
Default professional translator

Hi,

I am a bilingual German-English speaker (native German) and am four classes away from earning my certificate as a German-English translator at NYU. I would be happy to hep you out. I am currently living in Germany and plan on moving to Cincinnati in April. If there is a way to get those letters to me (scanning them, maybe?), I would be happy to help you.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,136 times
Hi, i know this is an old posting, but did you find someone yet? I speak, read and write fluent in german. I was born there and moved to the US about 5 years ago....just let me know if you still need help, i more than happy to help for free. I'm in the Tri-Cities.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities