Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 10:28 PM

125 posts, read 125,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post

Either the police, were initially manipulated, by a wealthy family, with something to hide, and felt too intimidated to actually follow the rules, or they were just plain stupid, and had no clue how to run a crime scene.
There is also the possibility that someone from the BPD was directly involved with the murder of JonBenet, or had a son, or a daughter, or even a nephew who was directly involved; and so they manipulated the investigation so to obstruct the possibility of the actual murderer ever being identified.

Indeed, the fact that there was supposedly so little evidence left behind by the intruders suggests that at least one of them knew a thing or two about crime scene investigations. And who would be as likely knowledgeable about such matters than a police officer, a detective, or a crime scene technician? Is it possible that critically important forensic evidence was deliberately destroyed by a person working the case because they knew that someone very dear to them was directly involved in the crime?

Sometimes when an investigation is badly botched it is not due to incompetency.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
This may come as a shocking surprise to you, but homes have a strange tendency to be burgled by neighbors when the residents are away on vacation. Even more shocking a lot more homes have been burgled this way. More shocking still, this scenario plays out in affluent neighborhoods... And when it does, the burglars are quite often young adults from affluent families in the same neighborhood who are spoiled sociopathic brats...
And how likely are these burglars to commit a murder, especially one as horrific as this?

Old 02-01-2014, 12:52 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
I remember an old interview with Judge Judy and she was asked her opinions on a few cases in the news...she declined to speak on specific cases...but she did say something very interesting... she believed most often the truth of what happened is very simple...it doesn't require convoluted explanations with elaborate details...doesn't involve vast conspiracies...It makes sense to me...in cases where there was no doubt of guilt...the details are rather simple maybe horrendous in nature but do not require torturous leaps in logic...

Old 02-01-2014, 01:02 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,436,414 times
Quote:
This may come as a shocking surprise to you, but homes have a strange tendency to be burgled by neighbors when the residents are away on vacation. (Can you believe it?)

Even more shocking (and I suggest you sit down before I tell you this one) a lot more homes have been burgled this way, IN REALITY, than ever in the movies.

More shocking still, this scenario plays out in affluent neighborhoods, just as it does in poor neighborhoods. And when it does, the burglars are quite often young adults from affluent families in the same neighborhood who are spoiled sociopathic brats and burgle homes just for thrills, or because they have an expensive drug habit and daddy has cut off their trust fund.
Nothing posted comes as a shocking surprise to me, no matter how you choose to characterize it or put IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Nothing you guess is anymore believable than what has been guessed about the Ramseys. Your attempts at trying to cause others to see their own opinion as less than your opinion is only a reflection of yourself. Your flowery description of John and Patsy Ramsey is more juvenile than anything since you did not know them and just because John Ramsey appeared to be what you describe is meaningless since you are only guessing. Your analysis is only guesswork and wishful thinking. Your need to conjure up shock and awe fails.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And how likely are these burglars to commit a murder, especially one as horrific as this?
How many times do I have to address this?

That a burglar could be so desperate to avoid being charged with burglary, he would murder a six year-old girl is telling to his identity.

Now, kindly reread the post in which I discussed this matter more fully.

R.I.F.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post

Nothing you guess is anymore believable than what has been guessed about the Ramseys.
REALLY???...

Do you mean to say that you think it just as believable (or even likely) that one or both parents with no history of severe mental illness, nor atrocious child abuse, nor any criminal history whatsoever, having killed JonBenet, as it is believable that a burglar, who would, by definition, be endowed with criminal, antisocial tendencies, while lacking any endowment of paternal or maternal instincts for the child, having killed JonBenet?

This actually makes sense to you?

Old 02-01-2014, 02:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
How many times do I have to address this?

That a burglar could be so desperate to avoid being charged with burglary, he would murder a six year-old girl is telling to his identity.

Now, kindly reread the post in which I discussed this matter more fully.

R.I.F.
A burglar would have a much better chance of a clean escape if he just quickly killed her and left......why take all the time to stage a kidnapping?

The longer you stay in the house, the greater the chance of getting caught.....no matter who you are.....a family friend, a neighbor or a complete stranger.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I remember an old interview with Judge Judy and she was asked her opinions on a few cases in the news...she declined to speak on specific cases...but she did say something very interesting... she believed most often the truth of what happened is very simple...it doesn't require convoluted explanations with elaborate details...doesn't involve vast conspiracies...It makes sense to me...in cases where there was no doubt of guilt...the details are rather simple maybe horrendous in nature but do not require torturous leaps in logic...
Sounds like Occam's razor.

Now, which seems the more simpler explanation:

1) That John and Patsy attempted to cover up a tragic accident in which one of them had somehow managed to fracture their six year-old daughter's skull with enough force to knock a plug of bone out; and they attempted to exact this cover up by stabbing her in the vagina with a broken paintbrush, garroting her to death for good measure, writing a two and a half page ransom note claiming that she was kidnapped by a small foreign faction, calling the police claiming that their daughter was missing while leaving her body in the basement where it is sure to be discovered when the police arrive, and then pretended to find the body when the police failed to find it after searching the house?

…or..

2) That JonBenet was murdered with extreme overkill by burglars, who after having mistakenly believed that the Ramseys had already left for vacation, were discovered in the house by JonBenet who knew at least one of them well enough to identify to police?

Last edited by SigTurner; 02-01-2014 at 03:07 PM..

Old 02-01-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A burglar would have a much better chance of a clean escape if he just quickly killed her and left.
This is more or less what JonBent's killer did, after he sent his accomplice upstairs on an apparent fool's errand to write a ransom note, and then summoned the will to murder JonBenet since he had no real intention of ever kidnapping her.

In case you are wondering, the only reason he sent his accomplice on a fool's errand to write a ransom note was probably because he needed to get her out of basement while he did what he was convinced he needed to do.

Last edited by SigTurner; 02-01-2014 at 03:16 PM..

Old 02-01-2014, 03:14 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:

This is more or less what JonBent's killer did, after he sent his accomplice upstairs on an apparent fool's errand to write a ransom note, and then summoned the will to murder JonBenet since he had no real intention of ever kidnapping her.
A burglar would want to make a quick exit for fear of being discovered.

The Ramsey's had no such fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime