Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 05:55 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
Regardless of who killed her (as I've stated before I theorize it was a non relative who they knew), John Ramsey never seemed all that upset or angry over her death. Look at how he acted at her funeral.

The one thing that confuses me, though, is why people believe Pasty wrote the note if the killer was a stranger (anyone she knew who wasn't a blood relation).
What did you want him to do? Scream, kick, jump up and down and cry? Fling himself on the coffin?

As I mentioned up thread, most people of that station don't show their emotions in public like that. Their funerals are stoic, dignified affairs.

Princess Diana's sons didn't cry in public at her funeral.....and I am sure they were quite devastated at losing their mother.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:02 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What did you want him to do? Scream, kick, jump up and down and cry? Fling himself on the coffin?

As I mentioned up thread, most people of that station don't show their emotions in public like that. Their funerals are stoic, dignified affairs.

Princess Diana's sons didn't cry in public at her funeral.....and I am sure they were quite devastated at losing their mother.
I'm pretty sure people would cut you some slack if you didn't act dignified at a child's funeral.

I've heard a story that Harry dig his fingernails into his palms and made himself bleed. I also remember hearing, from an unreliable source, that they weren't allowed to cry.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by June87 View Post
I'm pretty sure people would cut you some slack if you didn't act dignified at a child's funeral.

I've heard a story that Harry dig his fingernails into his palms and made himself bleed. I also remember hearing, from an unreliable source, that they weren't allowed to cry.
That doesn't change how people are raised to behave in public.

It just isn't fair to judge someone's grief by how they behave at the funeral.

For all you know, they may collapse in tears the minute they are alone.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:21 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
Sounds like Occam's razor.

Now, which seems the more simpler explanation:

1) That John and Patsy attempted to cover up a tragic accident in which one of them had somehow managed to fracture their six year-old daughter's skull with enough force to knock a plug of bone out; and they attempted to exact this cover up by stabbing her in the vagina with a broken paintbrush, garroting her to death for good measure, writing a two and a half page ransom note claiming that she was kidnapped by a small foreign faction, calling the police claiming that their daughter was missing while leaving her body in the basement where it is sure to be discovered when the police arrive, and then pretended to find the body when the police failed to find it after searching the house?

…or..

2) That JonBenet was murdered with extreme overkill by burglars, who after having mistakenly believed that the Ramseys had already left for vacation, were discovered in the house by JonBenet who knew at least one of them well enough to identify to police?
Yes the simpler is often the most true...Jon Benet wet her bed(happens all the time)...Mom(Patsy) was tired and stressed out...lost her composure and flung her daughter into an object which crushed her skull killing her instantly...what makes this different is that this didn't happen in the projects...but in an upper class home...however all people are human no matter their station in life...even seemingly pillars of society can lose it...

Old 02-01-2014, 06:49 PM

125 posts, read 125,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Due to the bizarre nature of the killing and the idiocy of sitting around writing a long ransom note, whoever did it was either temporarily insane or just plain completely insane.
You could say that she was terrified out of her mind that her accomplice(s) were going to kill JonBenet and so was desperate to write the most convincing ransom note that she could. If you notice, the ransom note seems to be much more focused upon appealing to her accomplice(s) apparent juvenile predilections than to informing Mr. Ramsey that his daughter has been kidnapped.

Quote:
But they were also sexual deviants who didn't just kill her but also stabbed her in the vagina and designed that garrote.
I addressed this in my last post.

Quote:
And they still left the ransom note there even though it wasn't needed anymore.
Yes, I wondered about this too. I put myself in the scenario. I then imagined the note writer attempting to retrieve the note as she and her accomplice were leaving, and I envisioned her accomplice saying, "No, leave it. It may throw off the police for a while and buy us some time," which is exactly what it did, and then some.

Quote:
They STILL hung around writing that lengthy note when they could have just left a short ransom note and gotten out of there fast. Unless the writer was high on drugs and was out of their mind. (I don't know how people on drugs act but if they do really crazy things and can still think clearly enough to compose a long note then maybe.)
There is a distinct possibility that these were tweekers high on methamphetamine. The long-windedness of the ransom note, the methodic and sadistic nature of the murder, their apparent meticulousness in regards to cleaning the crime scene, as well as a seeming disinterest in the possibility of being caught which is typical of the sort of overconfidence often manifested by the drug, seem to indicate this.

However, keep in mind, what was most important to at least one of the intruders was that he would never be charged with a criminal offense, even if it meant having to kill everyone in the house, including his accomplice(s), regardless of how much time it took.

Quote:
Or maybe Patsy had a spell of insanity. Do we really know that she didn't have any mental problems? Beat the child, or knocked her down the stairs, or caused her to fall and hit her head. Felt guilty for some reason so did not call 911. Sexual mutilation as a cover up so that the death would look like it had been cause by a crazed maniac. Feeling that it still was not enough, she sat down and wrote the note, taking as long as she wanted. That way an innocent call could be made to the police about finding a ransom note and that the child was missing. Pretending all along that she had no idea the child was dead.
Yes, we know this. The sort of mental problems necessary for such a brutal act of filicide and bizarre attempt at cover-up would have been acute psychosis which would have been readily noted by everyone, and not just the Whites, Det. Arndt and the BPD, but even any cats and dogs with whom she may have come in contact at the time. They all would have noticed.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Yes the simpler is often the most true...Jon Benet wet her bed(happens all the time)...Mom(Patsy) was tired and stressed out...lost her composure and flung her daughter into an object which crushed her skull killing her instantly...what makes this different is that this didn't happen in the projects...but in an upper class home...however all people are human no matter their station in life...even seemingly pillars of society can lose it...
Obviously, you are working with a different definition of "simple".

…which is not surprising.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
Obviously, you are working with a different definition of "simple".

…which is not surprising.
Haha...I guess logical is a better way of phrasing it...but keep your scenarios coming...

Old 02-01-2014, 07:28 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Assuming it was an accident.......what good would it have done to turn Patsy over to the authorities except to add more trauma for Burke to deal with?

Not only would Burke have lost his sister.....he would also have to deal with the added stigma, notoriety and psychological trauma of having a mother who killed his sister..... effectively losing his mother too.

I think John went along with it mainly out of his concern for Burke.

Also, Patsy had been through cancer and now she was going to have to live with the fact that JonBenet was dead because of her..........perhaps John really did love her that much and figured she was already suffering enough. Putting Patsy and Burke through even more trauma was not going to bring JonBenet back.

I can see a man like John Ramsey, a CEO, used to having a cool head and making decisions based on facts and not emotion, coming to that decision.
Yes, this is how I see it too. IF Patsy did it.

I just did some reading online--another theory. It seems that someone who had known the White family out in CA reported that she had been abused as a child by them. The Whites Jr family held the Christmas party that the Ramseys had attended that night. They were the ones who came over early the next morning and took Burke away.

This person (no way of knowing if this is credible) said that the sexual acts upon little children often took place around the holidays because no one would be suspicious of seeing a lot of cars parked at someone's house. She said there were weird rituals, sacrificial type things.

There was more. Re the $118,000 bonus in the ransom note--police? said there was a Bible opened to psalm #118 in the house. Supposedly Patsy had become very religious during her bout with cancer and she had gotten into ritualistic sacrificial type ideas. That the ransom note was not written by Patsy and it contained references to these rites, could have been written by one of their friends who participated in the spiritual rituals. They cited a case where a woman brought her 5 yr old child to a church and sacrificed her.

This is all one theory--of the "religious" rituals involving young girls, that Jon Benet could have been on display at the Christmas party, that often at these parties the "fun" begins after most of the guests have left for the night. There are groups of people who actually do this.

So while they weren't exactly pimping her out, they could have been using her in these spiritual rituals.
The body was supposedly washed and wrapped in a blanket, also suggesting a spiritual ritual.

I don't know.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Haha...I guess logical is a better way of phrasing it...but keep your scenarios coming...
…and please dispense with your scenario. It is profoundly illogical, no matter how you phrase it.

Your scenario just does not make any sense. Sorry.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Yes, this is how I see it too. IF Patsy did it.

I just did some reading online--another theory. It seems that someone who had known the White family out in CA reported that she had been abused as a child by them. The Whites Jr family held the Christmas party that the Ramseys had attended that night. They were the ones who came over early the next morning and took Burke away.

This person (no way of knowing if this is credible) said that the sexual acts upon little children often took place around the holidays because no one would be suspicious of seeing a lot of cars parked at someone's house. She said there were weird rituals, sacrificial type things.

There was more. Re the $118,000 bonus in the ransom note--police? said there was a Bible opened to psalm #118 in the house. Supposedly Patsy had become very religious during her bout with cancer and she had gotten into ritualistic sacrificial type ideas. That the ransom note was not written by Patsy and it contained references to these rites, could have been written by one of their friends who participated in the spiritual rituals. They cited a case where a woman brought her 5 yr old child to a church and sacrificed her.

This is all one theory--of the "religious" rituals involving young girls, that Jon Benet could have been on display at the Christmas party, that often at these parties the "fun" begins after most of the guests have left for the night. There are groups of people who actually do this.

So while they weren't exactly pimping her out, they could have been using her in these spiritual rituals.
The body was supposedly washed and wrapped in a blanket, also suggesting a spiritual ritual.

I don't know.
The Stupidest Person On The Face Of The Earth - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime