Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2010, 08:12 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Heres a story I remember hearing when it all hit the media.....

The family discovered the childs body...removed her from the basement to another part of the house and the family formed a prayer circle around the child....and this was blamed as a hinderance or contaminating the evidence.....
It was. You don't move the body, you don't touch the evidence. Whenever you walk in and out of a room, you leave something behind and you take something with you.

Of course a father who just found his daughter dead can't be faulted for not just leaving her on the basement floor.

What was also sad was that John Ramsey's oldest daughter had died in a car accident when she was in her early twenties.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:28 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You don't move the body, you don't touch the evidence. Of course a father who just found his daughter dead can't be faulted for not just leaving her on the basement floor. What was also sad was that John Ramsey's oldest daughter had died in a car accident when she was in her early twenties.
I agree. Who would be thinking about crime scene protocol when you find your child dead in your own home? I would assume that having experienced losing his older daughter in a car accident when she was 21 would cause John Ramsey to become even more irrational upon finding JonBenet dead. I know if it were I, I'd be hysterical....beyond hysterical and unable to think clearly.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:29 AM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
But someone had been chronically sexually violating JonBenet. Forgetting for one miment that she was murdered, remember that there was evidence that she had been sexually violated. She was only six years old. She did not go anywhere alone. Other than teachers as school, the few adukts who did have access to JonBenet would have been virtually hand selected by the parents,
Another group of adults who had access to JonBenet were bher parents.
As for me, the trail does not seem to lead far from home.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:29 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
But someone had been chronically sexually violating JonBenet. Forgetting for one miment that she was murdered, remember that there was evidence that she had been sexually violated.
Actually, there's contradicting information about that. There was no history of her ever being sexually abused. Apparently they later "found" that she had been sexually violated during/after the murder. You wonder if that's even true.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:03 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
It was. You don't move the body, you don't touch the evidence. Whenever you walk in and out of a room, you leave something behind and you take something with you.

Of course a father who just found his daughter dead can't be faulted for not just leaving her on the basement floor.

What was also sad was that John Ramsey's oldest daughter had died in a car accident when she was in her early twenties.
I don't think that is true about moving her body.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
But someone had been chronically sexually violating JonBenet. Forgetting for one miment that she was murdered, remember that there was evidence that she had been sexually violated. She was only six years old. She did not go anywhere alone. Other than teachers as school, the few adukts who did have access to JonBenet would have been virtually hand selected by the parents,
Another group of adults who had access to JonBenet were bher parents.
As for me, the trail does not seem to lead far from home.
The book I read said that this was widely believed by people but that there was no evidence to support it.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:28 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
I don't think that is true about moving her body.
From everything I've read of the sequence of events that followed, its a story fabricated by the media, but it really stuck in my mind.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
From everything I've read of the sequence of events that followed, its a story fabricated by the media, but it really stuck in my mind.
Most of what we think we know about this case was fabricated by the media.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,818,808 times
Quote:
There were six doors to the house. They couldn't remember if they'd all been locked or not. There was a broken window in the basement that John Ramsey had broken to get in a few weeks earlier when he forgot his keys.

I always leaned toward it being someone in the family. However, I recently read a true crime book called "The Cases that Haunt Us." The author is John Douglas, an FBI retiree who was in the unit that first started doing profiling. He was called in as a consultant on the case. After reading what he had to say, I no longer think the way I did.

The book is really good. It covers Jack the Ripper, Lizzie Borden, the Lindbergh kidnapping/murder, JonBenet, and several other less-known stories. He gives his opinion based on the evidence as well as a profile of the type of person who would have committed the crime.

I liked this book so much that I went back and got another one of his called "Journey Into Darkness". It covers some lesser-known but horrific crimes, some serial killers, and some child murders. It is absolutely fascinating but also horrifying. I had no idea so many children have been tortured and murdered in the United States. Some of these crimes were solved, and some were not. In one case his investigation of a number of rape/murders over a period of years ended up in the release of a man who was in prison for one of the murders that was later connected to another guy and by then they had DNA testing. The weird thing is the first guy actually confessed to the murder.

Anyway, to get back on topic, he makes a good case that someone watching JonBenet came into the house through that broken window and killed her and then left through the window. Another interesting fact was that a colleague of Douglas's who studied the autopsy photos detected two faint red marks that looked as if they could have been made with a stun gun.
Pretty difficult to explain the goofy ransom note! I think the killer lived there.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Pretty difficult to explain the goofy ransom note! I think the killer lived there.
It's obvious to objective and trained people who do this for a living, day in and out, that the killer/killers lived there, too. But, people will come up with any and all explanations because they don't wanna believe a parent would participate in a crime like this. Kinda like OJ still looking for the "real" killers of his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime