Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 09:08 AM

297 posts, read 519,746 times

Advertisements

I don't have a problem with the Ramseys getting a lawyer. My problem is that they waited 4 months to talk to police because they were distraught, yet they went on CNN about one week after the murder. They obviously got privileges that other parents of children who are murdered in their own homes would never get.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
I don't have a problem with the Ramseys getting a lawyer. My problem is that they waited 4 months to talk to police because they were distraught, yet they went on CNN about one week after the murder. They obviously got privileges that other parents of children who are murdered in their own homes would never get.
I'm with you. "Lawyering up' has a bad connotation. Having legal representation doesn't mean a suspect, and the Ramseys were suspects, can't cooperate with LE.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:50 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
That case never made any sense to me at all. If the parents knew who did it, why were they so candid on interviews? I saw them on Larry King...just ferocious about how messed up the police were...if they were guilty, I can't imagine them wanting to go on all the interviews they went on, protesting their innocence. I would have thought that they would have ducked, and shunned publicity.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:42 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
That case never made any sense to me at all. If the parents knew who did it, why were they so candid on interviews? I saw them on Larry King...just ferocious about how messed up the police were...if they were guilty, I can't imagine them wanting to go on all the interviews they went on, protesting their innocence. I would have thought that they would have ducked, and shunned publicity.
I think folks with a few bucks sometimes do not look at the world or react in the same manner as the 'little people'. I believe this, and class envy, has caused some of the confusion.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
reading though these threads, i would say at this point that anyone who still believes the ramseys killed their daughter are simply not looking at all the evidence. they are only "feeling" a certain way about it, not looking at facts. face it- if there was hard evidence, they would have locked them up long ago.

and as for getting lawyers, just as one person mentioned that "the ramseys wouldn't have been smart enough to get a lawyer unless they were trying to hide something", one can turn that around, and say that LAYMEN are not smart enough to judge the actions of those who probably have an attorney on retainer at the best of times, and who probably considered it a smart move in light of the fact that it may have been obvious to the ramseys that the police were not handling the case as it should have been handled from the beginning.

NONE of the DNA evidence nor any evidence i have seen supports the theory that the parents did it. the circumstances, the time of year (around the holidays) the parents actions before and after, their transparency (call me crazy, but if my child had been killed? i would have gone on CNN, the Big Three, Nancy freaking Grace, etc THE NEXT DAY if i thought it would help- beat the bushes and something may fly out), the absolute ZERO evidence of child abuse prior to this, etc.- you have a great big fat No They Did not Do It. I think the cops focusing on the parents past the expire date for such a notion impeded the investigation. the cops weren't willing to think outside the box. ergo, its gonna sit unsolved, probably forever.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
reading though these threads, i would say at this point that anyone who still believes the ramseys killed their daughter are simply not looking at all the evidence. they are only "feeling" a certain way about it, not looking at facts. face it- if there was hard evidence, they would have locked them up long ago.

and as for getting lawyers, just as one person mentioned that "the ramseys wouldn't have been smart enough to get a lawyer unless they were trying to hide something", one can turn that around, and say that LAYMEN are not smart enough to judge the actions of those who probably have an attorney on retainer at the best of times, and who probably considered it a smart move in light of the fact that it may have been obvious to the ramseys that the police were not handling the case as it should have been handled from the beginning.

NONE of the DNA evidence nor any evidence i have seen supports the theory that the parents did it. the circumstances, the time of year (around the holidays) the parents actions before and after, their transparency (call me crazy, but if my child had been killed? i would have gone on CNN, the Big Three, Nancy freaking Grace, etc THE NEXT DAY if i thought it would help- beat the bushes and something may fly out), the absolute ZERO evidence of child abuse prior to this, etc.- you have a great big fat No They Did not Do It. I think the cops focusing on the parents past the expire date for such a notion impeded the investigation.
If this was a couple with "poorer" or lower socioeconomic means I think they would have been indicted and locked up by now. I think their "standing" in the community gave them the priviledge and time to duck and get good lawyers. And, it worked.
As far as DNA, touch DNA is not, as far as I know, that specific or accurate. It could have been transferred from an innocuous source.
No history of child abuse, true, none documented, but there was some evidence there may have been chronic sexual abuse going on. Many people/families hide child abuse. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.
And, "transparency"? They didn't submit to interviews for 4 months I think. Not too transparent for most parents who claim to be innocent. An innocent parent would be interviewed promptly if they were really transparent.
As far as holidays, they are typically tense times and that tension can escalate dysfunctional families into full-blown crises. I think, if anything, this time of year would be more problematic for a family w/ problems allready.
But, the case is circumstantial at best and never will be solved. Everyone has an opinion on it, but it's an unsolveable case as far as I can see.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 09-03-2011 at 02:45 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 08:37 PM

13 posts, read 17,428 times
Okay, thank you for your enlightment..

Old 11-14-2011, 08:44 PM

13 posts, read 17,428 times
One more thing; a person does not have to have "special vision"; discernment will do. I do respect your opinion though.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times
The $118,000 in the ransom note, his exact bonus.....who would even know a thing like that?
Is it common to tell people what your bonus is? That has always bothered me, why was that
amount included in the note?

Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Someone knows. And that person will burn in Hell, for eternity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime