Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 PM

402 posts, read 589,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I have zero doubt personally that Burke killed his sister..
What's your theory?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm sure it is good, I fully intend to read it.

He may not have had a reason to fabricate, but it occurs to the cynic in me that he did have a reason to create a new "slant" to be able to sell his book. I have zero doubt personally that Burke killed his sister.

For this reason I will be reading with an open mind, as I do every book published about JBR.
Wow, I should get the book. I never even gave that theory any thought.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,271,710 times
Sorry everyone.

I meant, I do NOT think Burke killed his sister.

I do think that Kolar has slanted the book to this theory, merely to achieve sales.

I may change my mind once I read it, but I doubt it.

I think Patsy and/or John molested and murdered Jonbenet, always have done.

Apologies for the clumsy wording.

If anyone knows Burke can you please ask him to speak. I know he knows what happened that night, or at the least has a very good idea. He must feel obligation and love to his father but he owes his sister something too...the truth.

All merely my opinion. I will try to get the book and see if it changes any.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
JMO, I dont think he will ever speak. His criminal attys have advised him not to.

His sister has been dead 26 years, I really doubt he thinks of her often, except when JR writes another book promoting more lies on the GMA or whatever morning tv talk shows the spin team chooses.

A bad accident makes perfect sense, the parents went to great lengths to cover it up, (to protect a family member) and made fools of the public. As well as the countless named "suspects" who all were unfounded, including the ridiculous intruder theory.

Perhaps if the public demanded higher standards of reporting, the truth would come out.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:58 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
I really think Burke probably repressed the memory of the whole night. And, this is common with trauma, esp. a large trauma like this would have been. He probably doesn't know himself.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I don't know who killed JBR, but I am convinced, her parents did know, and were involved in covering it up. That much I do know. This was not a random accident, or stranger that womdered into their home, takes a little girl out of her bed, takes her downstairs, and molets and kills her while her entire family is still asleep. And manages to slip away, leaving less than a hair strand of random DNA. That is the most damning piece. There would have been stranger DNA all over that room, and little girl. Not a trace here or there.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:27 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate Nancy View Post
I respect what people think about the case, too. We all have a right to our opinions for sure. But, I think it's more speculative to think the parents weren't involved. So much points to them over and over, not just here and there.
I think a lot of us watch too much tv.

We think every murder can be solved.

I think we do not have the statistics of people missing/murdered that are never solved.

Sometimes we just must make do with living with uncertainty.

This is not a tv movie wherein one of the featured characters who is in the story is always the guilty party.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Yes, I did read all the transcripts. They convinced me that John and Patsy had nothing to do with JonBenet's death.

See - that is the thing. We all bring our own situations, our own experiences to any analysis of this case. Heck, we even bring our cultural background to it! I felt I understood Patsy - and that she was not only misunderstood but totally shredded, by a press corps who did not understand Southern women. I would watch Patsy and to me - she was a typical distraught grieving Southern mother. Others thought she was exaggerated or overly animated - covering something up. She acted exactly as one would have expected had she been in Atlanta and being viewed by other Southern women who move in her same social circle. Patsy was part of the country club society and trust me on this: in the South, that is a culture unto itself. Patsy may not have been born into old money but she acted like she had been, lol.

So that is the thing . . . we all bring our own truths to this case. We bring our potentially terminal diseases so we see Patsy through that filter. We bring our own child rearing experiences, our own relationships w/ our husbands! We bring our own molestations as a child, or our Pageantry crowns, or our dislike for women "like Patsy" - wealthy stay at home mom, former beauty queen . . .

I remember reading that one detective immediately felt Patsy was guilty b/c she was sitting there in the middle of a tragedy, fully dressed as if she were going to dinner. Well hell yeah! That is how I was raised. Someone may be dying in the next room but you gotta get presentable, especially if strangers were getting ready to come into your home. Get dressed, put on your make up, and make sure the house is in order. Don't call the ambulance til you know you can greet people at the door without embarrassing yourself, lol.

We all bring ourselves to these cases.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
A bad accident makes perfect sense, the parents went to great lengths to cover it up, (to protect a family member) and made fools of the public. As well as the countless named "suspects" who all were unfounded, including the ridiculous intruder theory.
This is what I thought up until I saw the postmortem pictures of Jon Benet. (On the internet.) Not only did she have the horribly cracked skull, her neck was indented a full inch all the way around from the garrotte someone used to strangle her. Even if she died in a horrible accident, I just cannot imagine her own mother or father inflicting a wound like that on their dead daughter. I still think that Patsy wrote that strange ransom note although I've never been able to figure out why unless they had already discovered the body and knew they would be suspects and wanted to divert the inevitable suspicion away from themselves. And even if that were the case, I still cannot fathom how either one of them could gather their senses enough to do that. I know I would be hysterical with grief if it were my child who had been murdered in such a gruesome manner.

It's a mystery that will never be unraveled.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I think a lot of us watch too much tv.

We think every murder can be solved.

I think we do not have the statistics of people missing/murdered that are never solved.

Sometimes we just must make do with living with uncertainty.

This is not a tv movie wherein one of the featured characters who is in the story is always the guilty party.
Not everyone is this shallow. I think some people (on other boards I've joined and in LE ) actually cared about this little girl, and at least getting some justice, at that time.

It will never be resolved. But the family was involved, although I do think maybe patsy was not as much as others. The cancer she had really wreaked discord in that house toward the end, the kids had little discipline or supervision, from what I read in Kolar's book .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime