Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 12:56 PM

113 posts, read 113,874 times

Advertisements

What you all have said is true.I remember those girls laughing about the very murders they committed. They were warped back then,and after forty years in prison I am wondering if anyone would be able to be functional upon being released .
It was a long time ago,but I can't help thinking of that poor woman begging for her unborn babyslife and them little gals laughing at her.If only they were warm and caring then.
I can also remember that behavior being displayed everytime they had an audience. Yet,the minute their sentences were handed down,they were all filing appeals to try and gain their freedom.
That was an amazing crime. Didn't they actually go and get something to eat in one of their victims home,while the bodies were freshly murdered? The particular disregard for the people they killed would make me apprehensive about any release.
If anybody wants them to live next door,keep them in your neighbourhood.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:39 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabel teaberry View Post
What you all have said is true.I remember those girls laughing about the very murders they committed. They were warped back then,and after forty years in prison I am wondering if anyone would be able to be functional upon being released .
It was a long time ago,but I can't help thinking of that poor woman begging for her unborn babyslife and them little gals laughing at her.If only they were warm and caring then.
I can also remember that behavior being displayed everytime they had an audience. Yet,the minute their sentences were handed down,they were all filing appeals to try and gain their freedom.
That was an amazing crime. Didn't they actually go and get something to eat in one of their victims home,while the bodies were freshly murdered? The particular disregard for the people they killed would make me apprehensive about any release.
If anybody wants them to live next door,keep them in your neighbourhood.
Yes, at the LaBianca residence. They murdered the couple, then made sandwiches with food they found in their refrigerator. And stuck a fork into the dead Mr. LaBianca's stomach and laughed at it wobbling back and forth in his belly.

I think Krenwinkel and Van Houten are remorseful. I think they must lie awake sometimes and cringe at the horror of what they did. And I think they do not deserve to ever be released no matter how remorseful they are or how much they cringe. They committed murder.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
the first bad choice she made was being stoned so much. But that doesn't excuse her crimes they were so far beyond the pale. with no hmnaly understandable motive.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:49 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,367,309 times
They were a sick bunch. Let them rot in prison. Sharon Tate had a lot going and I admired her but it ended in horror.

Screw them.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:21 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's powerful and sobering.

Like the horrific murders she committed.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 AM

927 posts, read 969,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The Tate/Bianca murders happened 45 years ago on Aug 9. Here's a story and a brief video about Krenwinkel. It's powerful and sobering.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/op...er-manson.html

She and I are the same age. I remember these events well, how terrible it seemed that people who claimed to be part of the peace and love generation could do something so demented and brutal. All the years since, all through the changes and byways where my life has led me, Krenwinkel's been in a cell.

She belongs there, yet it is haunting to listen to her talk about why she got there.

That was a heavy video. She made some very bad decisions with her life, I have some pity for her on that. I can't say much else for her, except I do believe she is truly sorry for her actions. I am glad she got to live her life and come to this conclusion.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:34 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
after 45 years in prison you would think she had done some reflection on her life. she is lucky the death penalty was overturned and she has her life. she should serve all her full sentence which is now life in prison. just because she now realizes she was wrong and is remorseful, like finding Jesus, do it in prison.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:13 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Read up on Krenwinkel's and Van Houten's roles in these murders and you might change your mind. Also, Susan Atkins is dead, so we don't need to worry about her moving in anywhere.
Uh, I have. Extensively. I have literally read every single book about the Manson case. I have hiked into Spahn three times. I even own some of CM's music. I used to sort of be a student on the case. I can still recall every fact and could probably go toe-to-toe with anyone on the case. And, I still feel the same way.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:15 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
after 45 years in prison you would think she had done some reflection on her life. she is lucky the death penalty was overturned and she has her life. she should serve all her full sentence which is now life in prison. just because she now realizes she was wrong and is remorseful, like finding Jesus, do it in prison.
SO how is it equitable that Clem is free? How is equitable that people like Arthur Shawcross who murdered and sexually attacked two children, is free, and once free commits 11 more murders- while Leslie Van Houten is still in jail? She isn't in jail because of justice, she is there because she was part of a high profile case. Again, Squeaky is free, Clem is free, Bruce Davis might get out- but these guys are still in jail. If that's your idea of justice, you live under a rock, bro.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:52 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
SO how is it equitable that Clem is free?
Apparently Steve "Clem" Grogan, the only Manson family member convicted of murder to be set free, won parole in 1985 by leading law enforcement to Donald "Shorty" Shea’s body.

Quote:
How is equitable that...Leslie Van Houten is still in jail? She isn't in jail because of justice, she is there because she was part of a high profile case.
Yet Clem is out; another Manson family member, making him part of a "high profile case." Van Houten held down Rosemary La Bianca while Krenwinkel stabbed La Bianca (then Van Houten later stabbed La Bianca multiple times in the back).

Quote:
Bruce Davis might get out-
It doesn't look like it; parole continues to be denied.
Bruce Davis, Manson follower and murderer cleared by Parole Board today...

Last edited by CA4Now; 10-20-2014 at 05:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime