Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 10:31 AM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

I read up a little on this last night.. Popped into my head and looked around for any updates. The last updates I can see are from around May of last year..

The stepmother has apparently been accused of attempting to hire a hitman to take out a boyfriend from years past.. She's been charged with stealing a gun from a current(at the time) roommate... Driving a stolen vehicle, domestic abuse..

Cops are still doing searches but have turned up nothing.

This woman is just not smart enough, IMO, to have disposed of the body to have it not found this long.. Outside of that.. Everything points to her.

Kyron has been missing for 7 years now, and.. I can't see any situation where he's still alive. Or where the step-mother wasn't involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 11:02 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,961,729 times
WOW I can't believe it's been 7 years! I would have guessed 3.

I've never thought she had anything to do with his disappearance. To bring a child to school in the morning, stay for the science fair, and then TAKE him with you on the way out as school is starting would not work. There were a bunch of other parents there, many of whom knew her. They would observe her. Taking a child from school while the school is full of other moms - there's not the first chance that would go unnoticed, although it's true her truck wasn't parked in the lot, apparently due to the lot being full of other science fair attendees.

She's weird, that's for sure.

But considering she had complete access to him, and could get rid of him in a huge variety of ways that wouldn't be so observable, this just doesn't add up to me that she'd be guilty.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:26 PM

17,579 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
WOW I can't believe it's been 7 years! I would have guessed 3.

I've never thought she had anything to do with his disappearance. To bring a child to school in the morning, stay for the science fair, and then TAKE him with you on the way out as school is starting would not work. There were a bunch of other parents there, many of whom knew her. They would observe her. Taking a child from school while the school is full of other moms - there's not the first chance that would go unnoticed, although it's true her truck wasn't parked in the lot, apparently due to the lot being full of other science fair attendees.

But considering she had complete access to him, and could get rid of him in a huge variety of ways that wouldn't be so observable, this just doesn't add up to me that she'd be guilty.
The timeline is the questionable part.. Now.. Her actions.. Yeah, generally you'd sit there and say there was no way.. But.. Everything points back to her being the last one seen with him and her being the last one to see him.

Assuming she did have something to do with it.. I tend to believe she did, you don't.. Either way, it's all our beliefs which pretty much mean nothing outside of our own heads.. But.. She takes him to the science fair and she says she sees him walking to class.. That would mean within minutes someone would have had to grab him and make off with him. Far more believable to me that he went back to the car with her and off she went.. Especially since she was not where she said she was based on the cell records that day.

IF she was involved.. She had help. Just from what I can see reading about her, she just isn't smart enough to do this on her own. Which.. You know, i'm somewhat making arguments here against my argument I realize.. The best 'proof' of innocence I can come up with is that she just isn't that smart. Unless she's totally fooling everyone.

Of course.. Referencing another case we've discussed here lately.. If Susan Smith hadn't cracked.. I wonder how long it would have been before her kids were located? I don't think it would have been a large amount of time, but.. I could see months and perhaps up to a year.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The timeline is the questionable part.. Now.. Her actions.. Yeah, generally you'd sit there and say there was no way.. But.. Everything points back to her being the last one seen with him and her being the last one to see him.

Assuming she did have something to do with it.. I tend to believe she did, you don't.. Either way, it's all our beliefs which pretty much mean nothing outside of our own heads.. But.. She takes him to the science fair and she says she sees him walking to class.. That would mean within minutes someone would have had to grab him and make off with him. Far more believable to me that he went back to the car with her and off she went.. Especially since she was not where she said she was based on the cell records that day.

IF she was involved.. She had help. Just from what I can see reading about her, she just isn't smart enough to do this on her own. Which.. You know, i'm somewhat making arguments here against my argument I realize.. The best 'proof' of innocence I can come up with is that she just isn't that smart. Unless she's totally fooling everyone.

Of course.. Referencing another case we've discussed here lately.. If Susan Smith hadn't cracked.. I wonder how long it would have been before her kids were located? I don't think it would have been a large amount of time, but.. I could see months and perhaps up to a year.
I'm having to reach way back in my memory for this - I did follow this case very carefully at the time.

Terri spoke to his teacher that morning, something about a doc appointment. The teacher recalled she said the appointment was that day, but in reality the appointment was later in the week. So that's confusing.

Another student in the class said Kyron was walking toward the class, very near the door, when he suddenly said he was going to go (I forget what - visit a display again? go to the restroom?) and that was apparently the last person who saw Kyron.

It's baffling for sure. And she's weird and unlikable, and it appears she didn't like Kyron all that much.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:17 PM

927 posts, read 969,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
I thought right from the beginning that this "sudden" divorce was probably in the works for quite a while and she knew it was over awhile ago. Maybe she figured she would have her husband killed, then she would get the kids, house, insurance, etc.

Her own son left recently to go back to live with father/relatives...supposedly didn't get along with step dad. So she loses her own son because of her husband...maybe it was pay back time. She wants to get back at him for splitting up the family and the divorce that she feels is coming...so she does something with Kyron.

Here's a woman who just a few years ago was a recognized bodybuilder, the center of attention...and now she is just a housewife and mother of 3 kids and probably a marriage on the rocks. Quite a change in lifestyle for her. She looks like a completely different person in her photos.

I've followed alot of these cases...but for some reason I just don't see her killing Kyron. I think maybe she handed him off to someone, maybe to do it for her or hopefully he is still alive somewhere. She didn't want to kill her husband herself so maybe she didn't want to get rid of Kyron herself either.

Personally, I don't think she and Kyron ever went down the hall to the classroom...nobody seems to have seem them. I think this all happened after the science fair. she probably hired somebody to take him. I'd like to know how much school Kyron missed on a regular basis because the teacher didn't seem all that concerned that he wasn't in class, maybe that happened alot.

There are alot of unanswered questions in this case, that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

I'm not familiar with this case until today and read a bit in Wikipedia about it. My question is if she had something to do with his disappearance from school how did she have pictures to post on Facebook as others claim not to have seen her at the school? Where did the photos come from if she wasn't there?Any opinions?

Old 01-16-2018, 06:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
The fact that the father "just happened" to take off work to wait for Kyron at the bus-stop is weird, too.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
I'm not familiar with this case until today and read a bit in Wikipedia about it. My question is if she had something to do with his disappearance from school how did she have pictures to post on Facebook as others claim not to have seen her at the school? Where did the photos come from if she wasn't there?Any opinions?
She was there, taking pictures and when she got home she posted them on facebook. There was some belief early on that she was not and neither was he she just photoshopped them but enough people saw her, and saw Kyron that the school and Law Enforcement pretty quickly debunked that.

The facebook pics of him with his science fair display are real and not photoshopped, and Terri was there with him in the morning.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
She was there, taking pictures and when she got home she posted them on facebook. There was some belief early on that she was not and neither was he she just photoshopped them but enough people saw her, and saw Kyron that the school and Law Enforcement pretty quickly debunked that.

The facebook pics of him with his science fair display are real and not photoshopped, and Terri was there with him in the morning.
OK, thank you much. I read something not so up to date, I guess. This is a puzzling case now armed with that information. Law enforcement must not have anything on her or they would have charged her by now, but she is a main suspect.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:31 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
For those looking for more recent information, here's an update on the search/investigation from last May (2017):

New details in the search for Kyron Horman | KGW.com

I remember this child very clearly because my son lived in Portland then and I was visiting him right after Kyron went missing. It is so sad that he has never been found after all these years.

The step-mother sure has had a lot of encounters with law enforcement since then, as detailed in the article.

Old 01-18-2018, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
For those looking for more recent information, here's an update on the search/investigation from last May (2017):

New details in the search for Kyron Horman | KGW.com

I remember this child very clearly because my son lived in Portland then and I was visiting him right after Kyron went missing. It is so sad that he has never been found after all these years.

The step-mother sure has had a lot of encounters with law enforcement since then, as detailed in the article.
Thanks, looks like not too much has changed, but they are active on the case anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime