Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:58 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times

Advertisements

I am appalled about this! Read my post about "outing" - I would want to know if this monster lived near me.
Sad sad story.
The video was done well BTW - very moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 PM

19 posts, read 55,679 times
Thanks! I am going to do a series of them. I'll post them up here as I get them done.

I saw your thread and completely agree with you. I would want to know too.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:24 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
you know this is so sad and if this monster lived near me I would be picketing in front of her house and holding a sign that says "a murderer lives here " . I would hand out flyers and I would make her life a living hell and make sure that I was a thorn in the side of the prosecutor that is handling this case and if it happens again make sure you are there for every court date make sure she sees your face . Make sure whoever is prosecuting another case against her knows your name and knows who you are . My heart goes out to this family and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know I come from a legal background family .

Old 07-15-2010, 02:43 PM

If I wasn't so far away I would picket her yard too. I will let you know. Right now it seems the case has been reopened to gather more evidence against Sherrie, and the prosecutor seems to not really want to do anything with either case against her.

I don't understand the legal system in South Carolina at all. But I hold out hope that someday just ice will be served. Or at least tried.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:17 PM

New video uploaded and live. Help support the ongoing case for Blen and his family.

YouTube - For Blen Part 2

Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Look, its not that I doubt you but I do have some questions. I admire what you are doing.

Wasn't there a third person that went to the beach? Who went to the beach?

And is there any reason that we aren't mentioning that the woman in question did not try to kill Roger specifically?

Following a link that you were given earlier today (maybe? Captain Whorly?) there doesn't seem to be any open cases for he/she *she has two), in fact, the last case was closed on Roger was for something like a DUI. She on the other hand has had lots of cases. None of them remotely near or in the time frame of what we are talking about.

Is there any new evidence? I get that the witnesses are dead. I just do not see what we are asking for. What evidence is there that Roger "talked them out of" going through with the charges? Is this hearsay?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:09 AM

I understand the doubts.

She initially confessed after her arrest in 2006. Roger was arrested first for it. It is not hearsay. All this is information pulled from police reports, coroner reports and accounts.

There was a third person who went to the beach. Sherrie's sister. I won't give her name because she isn't involved in the case. Witness accounts stated she was not there when Sherrie stabbed Blen.

I was told yesterday that the Involuntary manslaughter does not come up on that site because it is still an open investigation. It was on there initially when she was arrested but when they had to reopen the case they removed it. The charge however, is still pending but they are gathering more evidence. This has been verified with the Dillon police and the state.

The only thing we are trying to do is to just keep his story alive. Its one of those cases that could easily be forgotten and already has by the community. We are working closely with Citizens Against Homicide to ensure that Blen's story doesn't get too lost. Thats all we want so that hopefully, maybe, new witnesses or evidence will come forward.

On that link, pulling up her records, you can see she was charged with Assault and Battery with Intent to Kill. Also Armed Robbery. That was the Roger incident. The reports state that from the wounds and force she used it was done with the intention of killing him. She stole his wallet with $200 in it and his car and some drugs and left him lying on the bed to bleed to death.

It is no question that she committed both these crimes, however on the court side there isn't enough evidence yet to convict her.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. That makes sense. I apologize if my questions are intrusive. I truly hope that this can bring closure to you and his family and that you have more people come forward. I hope his mother sees justice.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:12 PM

No need to apologize. This is good information! It tells me that I need to find a way to better relay the information about the case in the videos. Thank you so much for the feedback and support.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:13 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Panda or crystal
Where s link to look up this evil witch's rap sheet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime