Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:53 AM

24,112 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Oh that would be great - I would LOVE to see that move again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 11:06 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,621,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes the ceiling of the ball room where he put all of the bodies after he shot them was entirely made of Tiffany Glass! I have read 2 books about him though and he was so proud and reluctant to look as though he was in need that who knows, in his twisted mind he might look poor if the had to sell a stained glass ceiling to save his house from foreclosure.
He was such a smug man.
He thought that his daughter Patti was going to be a witch because she was involved with Theater and wanted to be an actress.
And he probably did have to sell the Tiffany Glass to pay his real estate taxes, that in that town, are atrocious!!!!!!! $15 to $20,000 per house.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:56 PM

I agree Latina7 . But that man eas not in his right mind. His priorities were so disturbed. I men really sitting bt a train station dressed in a suit and tie pretending that you are going to work.
Mowing a lawn in a business suit. Then asking God for forgiveness.
The whole tjing reeks.....

Old 08-02-2010, 04:20 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
And he probably did have to sell the Tiffany Glass to pay his real estate taxes, that in that town, are atrocious!!!!!!! $15 to $20,000 per house.
He didn't know that Tiffany lamp was there, the cops or whoever found it, when they discovered the family.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:21 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
The case stayed with me also. The kids were around my age and the girl while a bit older was involved in the things many teenagers think about at that age - clothes, being a famous actress, boys and looking into astrology. As an eldest daughter she reminded me of my self at that age - long blondish hair vaguely counter culture clothes the audacity to be involved with Theater of all things and questioning her families religion. All sounds pretty normal to me.
The boys looked thoroughly obedient and entrenched in the 1950s - but he shot them as well,
Didn't List ever hear of divorce? People were doing that in the 1970s.
Oh but wait - divorce is disgraceful.
Murder is more respectable.
What a warped excuse for a human being.
He should have taken his own life.
He should of killed himself, but he was to much of a wuss for that, so he slaughtered his family, i hope he's rotting in hell

Old 08-02-2010, 05:30 PM

Exactly my thoughts. But he was a coward.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:00 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
I remember he had the macabre/bizarre idea of arranging the corpses into a circle.
A complete whacko!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:26 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
Taxes were not that back when he murdered his family...

Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Anybody remember him, he murdered his whole family, left them in the house, turned on some weird church music and disappeared for about 18 yrs, he was found when they did a segment about him on America's most wanted. He was remarried and his wife's friend recognized him and called. He did the crimes in Jersey and he was found in Virginia i believe. That case always intrigued me. He was one sicko, he used to mow the lawn in a business suit, real wacko.
I remember reading an excellent story about this, and being so intrigued and creeped out I watched the Robert Blake TV movie about it, which was very effective. Sitting on that bench, day after day after day....

Old 08-07-2010, 11:55 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
The case stayed with me also. The kids were around my age and the girl while a bit older was involved in the things many teenagers think about at that age - clothes, being a famous actress, boys and looking into astrology. As an eldest daughter she reminded me of my self at that age - long blondish hair vaguely counter culture clothes the audacity to be involved with Theater of all things and questioning her families religion. All sounds pretty normal to me.
The boys looked thoroughly obedient and entrenched in the 1950s - but he shot them as well,
Didn't List ever hear of divorce? People were doing that in the 1970s.
Oh but wait - divorce is disgraceful.
Murder is more respectable.
What a warped excuse for a human being.
He should have taken his own life.
I remember that in his note to his pastor he said, "Mother is in the attic. She was too heavy to move." Added a little black humor to the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime