U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:51 AM

33 posts, read 72,157 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here been robbed by people disguising themselves as bankers,manager,business owner or any other kind of profession during the day time in a good neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 09:06 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,219,198 times
Face to face robbery as in being mugged? No.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:48 PM

17,403 posts, read 21,244,496 times
Think about it, imagine! If you wanted to rob/mug people during the daytime
which disguise would you pick to be the most lucrative?

I was mugged during a foreign trip by two well-dressed senior citizens, who appeared as though they were on their way to a 5-star restaurant or hotel.
Was I fooled? Of course I was, who wouldn't have been!

Given this mega-recession we're in, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more frequently. Many businessmen have lost their jobs with no future prospects,
they clean out their closets, take their suits to a thrift store, homeless men buy them for a few dollars, and to "work" they go!

Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 AM

Did you report this to the policeman or a detective?

The U.S. is in a recession, but some other countries are not and many prefer American dollars

I hope you are not a criminal??

Old 08-09-2010, 06:22 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,887,222 times
Never robbed by someone posing but was robbed by low lifes when i was in the wrong section of the city. I was parked in KFC parking lot and they walked up to my car and put a gun in my face. The joke was on them though because i only had 2 dollars.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:20 PM

904 posts, read 2,591,782 times
I have been mugged twice. Once after a night out with friends. They area was well lit and seemed safe when we parked but was dark and isolated when we went to get in the car. I had $10. on me. I handed it over and they left.
The second time was broad daylight outside of a restaurant. My daughter needed something out of the car and I went to retrieve it. A man walked up like he was going to ask for directions and asked for all my money. I had 26 cents. Really, 26 cents. He took it and walked off. I will never understand that one.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:27 PM

17,403 posts, read 21,244,496 times
I've oftentimes wondered how would you begin to identify a robber in the Muslim countries with the women wearing those burqas with only their eyes showing. Or, LOL!, perhaps it was a man wearing that burqa!

And here? As the Muslim population increases here, and more are allowed to wear the burqa? Should be interesting. Homeless men and women wearing them? Or anyone!

Small wonder they try to ban them in Europe.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Think about it, imagine! If you wanted to rob/mug people during the daytime
which disguise would you pick to be the most lucrative?

I was mugged during a foreign trip by two well-dressed senior citizens, who appeared as though they were on their way to a 5-star restaurant or hotel.
Was I fooled? Of course I was, who wouldn't have been!

Given this mega-recession we're in, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more frequently. Many businessmen have lost their jobs with no future prospects,
they clean out their closets, take their suits to a thrift store, homeless men buy them for a few dollars, and to "work" they go!

Okay, I had experienced something similar as yours and not coping very well.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:14 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,432,307 times
I never open the door to anyone I don't know or am not expecting. I either ignore them all together or crack the window open and ask them what they want. I live in the Mid-west in a semi-country setting.

I also have a loaded gun in the house. No kids.

I have never been robbed or approached in a parking lot, I do, however carry a little hot pepper, mace, and dye thingy attached to my keys.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:48 PM

364 posts, read 629,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Trust, there are people who do that. To be honest in my younger days I knew some guys who would dress up in business suits and go to either the airoprt long term parking lots or a MARTA park and ride lot and scope out a car, call a locksmith and get keys cut and drive right off in it and take it directly to a chop shop. And Im talking about nice cars, not your typical "ghetto bucket" that gets hot wired on in given day in Hood USA. You dont hear about it because usually they dont get caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or