Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 04:36 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,283 times

Advertisements

Ted Bundy, Dahmer, Gacy, Albert Fish, Gein, Nightstalker were all very notorious serial killers who made a huge impact on the communities that they did their killing in. Seems lately the U.S. has not had a serial killer of this caliber. We have had a few here and there but nothing as "big" as these guys were. Not that I want a new serial killer, please don't take it that way, I just wonder if maybe it's a thing of the past with so many people have cell phones, and cars that automatically lock etc etc.
What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 04:55 PM

74 posts, read 121,299 times
i think the FBI once said that at any given time there are at least 200 serial killers among us in the US.

it's a mater of time...

Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 PM

Wow, that's a high number. So if there are so many I wonder what makes Gein, Bundy, Gacy and those guys so much more "popular"?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:34 PM

42 posts, read 55,766 times
I believe the technology is making it hard for more simple minded thinking that can not get past these things. But I know there still are clever people out there. I think Serial killings have been shifted to cyber attacks including finding victims online now. These may or may not be as easy to trace as the internet has become world wide. I think it is possible with technology there are some doing very vicious crimes. Maybe not murder. Maybe Rape though. Maybe child molesting. The killers that we have had have shot themselves too in 2009. These may be more random acts than one who keeps killing people at different times.

It appears that these ones who came out not too long back intended suicide as well. If they did not they did not want to be brought in by authorities. Thinking to take their Life as they know they would get an at least life in prison sentence if not Death. It’s hard to answer because the killers killed themselves. No one can seem to get to the source of any of this. Will a new serial strike up? My guess would be Taliban or the Al Qaeda on surprise attacks. I believe once again they will want to get us on a day we don’t expect them. When you war with these guys they don’t forget. They want to avenge your blood.

I believe America still is a Target waiting to happen. These I believe will be our serial killers with Obama flexible with Islamic He may think this is easiest things. But is that so? New York that got attacked had mosques already so where are they coming from. Maybe closer than we think. Maybe on our own soil. Obama makes this more possible so radicals to take vengeance on American citizens. I say citizens because they don’t care who they kill just as long as they can. They don’t regret 2001 and they will not any future attacks if they occur.

Iran has a start on a nuclear site. This is getting serious. They are alarming nations yet Iran won’t start yet Iran hates America. Watch out. Iran hates Israel too I would not be surprised if they sent attacker here. It doesn’t have to be in the air. These guys are good at setting up bombs too at malls subways and stuff. Security cameras and all may make it tougher. But I don’t think it will stop the Radicals.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:46 AM

20 posts, read 45,976 times
Lets Hope Not!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 04:13 AM

587 posts, read 1,466,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Ted Bundy, Dahmer, Gacy, Albert Fish, Gein, Nightstalker were all very notorious serial killers who made a huge impact on the communities that they did their killing in. Seems lately the U.S. has not had a serial killer of this caliber. We have had a few here and there but nothing as "big" as these guys were. Not that I want a new serial killer, please don't take it that way, I just wonder if maybe it's a thing of the past with so many people have cell phones, and cars that automatically lock etc etc.
What do you think?
What I find disturbing is that you actually think about stuff like this.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:38 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
unfortunately many serial killers move to different regions and the police do not identify their killings as a pattern. While a few get picked up in papers and identified with a name many aren't even detected and their victims continue.

Want to put a crimp in these activities? Get to know your neighbors. Nosey neighbors can prevent crimes of all magnitudes.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
What I find disturbing is that you actually think about stuff like this.
Disturbing? Your the one surfing the True Crime section my hypocritical friend

Old 08-22-2010, 12:25 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Wow, that's a high number. So if there are so many I wonder what makes Gein, Bundy, Gacy and those guys so much more "popular"?
...Its an FBI estimate most likely based on the number of unsolved crimes and the missing who've never been found in the US.

These people are yet to be known, or apprehended, living there lives amoung us or the police may have DNA but haven't linked it to anyone.

The above are notorious because they were apprehended.

Old 08-22-2010, 02:28 PM

88,571 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
What do you think?
I think there will be. Or rather that there is, and he just isn't being recognized as such yet. We're about due.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime