Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:04 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

He had an affair with his servant. The prince was physically abusive toward the servant who allowed the prince to beat him up and abuse him.

The servant was found murdered in a sadistic way in a London hotel suite.

And they're trying to downplay this crime in the news.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...?docId=4870052

BBC News - Saudi prince will not give evidence in murder trial

Prince denies gay affair with victim - The Irish Times - Wed, Oct 06, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Guilty

Search: Saudi prince found guilty in servant's murder - Saudi prince found guilty in murder of servant (http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Lifestyle/Saudi-prince-found-guilty-in-murder-of-servant.aspx?cp-documentid=26001948 - broken link)

Old 10-19-2010, 12:32 PM

Yes, ruling came down today.

Brutal way the servant died. And these "princes/princesses" are NOTORIOUS for abusing their servants.

This one went too far. I hope he gets the death penalty. But I don't think they have it in Britain.

I've gotta search that one up.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Brutal way the servant died. And these "princes/princesses" are NOTORIOUS for abusing their servants.

This one went too far. I hope he gets the death penalty. But I don't think they have it in Britain.
I don't think so but the one consolation is he was in Britian and not Saudi where he more than likely would have gotten away with it or a mere slap on the wrist

But he does face death if he returns to saudi but not for murder but for being gay...unreal

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x4579907

Old 10-19-2010, 03:27 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times
In addition to sheer cruelty and denegrating actions, I think there is a true belief that "the" prince as well as others in a similar capacity believe they are either 'above the law', justified in their actions, don't need to be held accountable, excel at blame but primarily, believe because of their social strata they ARE above the law and mixing that ingredient with power, total disregard for another's life/person, well...there you have it....

Old 10-20-2010, 04:54 PM

Here's the final verdict.

Quote:
A gay Saudi prince has been jailed for life today with a minimum term of 20 years for beating and strangling his servant to death in the culmination of a campaign of 'sadistic' abuse.

Saud Abdulaziz bin Nasser al Saud was found guilty at the Old Bailey of murdering Bandar Abdulaziz in a 'brutal' assault at their five-star hotel suite.

The prince was fuelled by champagne and 'sex on the beach' cocktails when he bit the 32-year-old hard on both cheeks during the attack in February.

It was also revealed he could seek asylum upon release, because homosexuality is punishable by death in his home country.
Gay Saudi prince pictured happily with the manservant he beat to death | Mail Online

Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,647,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

We don't have the death penalty here, and I personally don't agree with it. What I disagree with even more though is us having to pay hundreds of thousands to keep him locked up all those years when he would never have been allowed to live here anyway if it wasn't for his money. And after all that we're supposed to let him stay on living here afterwards as if he'd ever add anything to our country? Strange world.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
We don't have the death penalty here, and I personally don't agree with it. What I disagree with even more though is us having to pay hundreds of thousands to keep him locked up all those years when he would never have been allowed to live here anyway if it wasn't for his money. And after all that we're supposed to let him stay on living here afterwards as if he'd ever add anything to our country? Strange world.
I feel your pain..our jails are filled with illegals as if paying for our own native born crimianals isn't enough.......
and I suppose your prison will segregate him from other muslims for his own protection as he was gay...we would more than likely do so as well ~~~~~SIGH~~~~~

Old 11-22-2010, 08:06 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,647,419 times
Ah, at least he's going to have to pay for the cost of his own prosecution. No idea why really, as I'm sure that's not standard procedure.
BBC News - Jailed killer Saudi prince to pay prosecution costs

Old 11-22-2010, 01:16 PM

If anyone can afford to pay for the prosecution it's him.

It's the very least he can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime