Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The news here is saying she was targeted. A car drove along side of her and opened fire.

The area she was shot is residential, and not a well traveled road at night, you wouldn't use the street unless you knew the area as a short cut. And the hitman could murder without fear of being seen by passing traffic or other eyewitnesses. (Hopefully there's some security camera surveillance of the hit)

I think she was being followed from the film premiere in Westwood, through the backstreets of Beverly Hills and murdered. Definitely a targeted hit.

Experts say Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen's murder looks professional, premeditated - NYPOST.com
that would be pretty frightening if it were so. by all accounts she was a much-loved woman and it didn't seem there had been anyone stalking her or causing her problems. then again maybe it was something she was being quiet about. who knows.
i think more and more that it was road rage. maybe someone thought she was someone else, a case of mistaken identity? anyway i am glad that it was a shooting and not some Helter Skelter bit with blood on the walls. i live on waverly drive right down the street from the LaBianca's. gives me the creeps whenever i drive past that house. its a horrific tragedy and i am not trying to make light of it, i am just glad it wasn't a paranoia-inducing gang of kill-crazies sneaking into someone's house.
its quite possible it may never be solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 04:03 PM

One Beverly Hills resident described hearing “immaculately timed” gunshots at the time of the incident. Another said he heard motorcycles traveling around the area the evening before Chasen was killed.
Moderator cut: just the header and link please

Read more: Experts say Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen's murder looks professional, premeditated - NYPOST.com

weird. nazi lowrriders? was she involved in making a film about any sort of gangsters? remember when edward james olmos got death threats from "american me"?
and they didn't leave casings? did they get out of the car and get them?

maybe it was tom cruise.

Last edited by Granny Sue; 11-29-2010 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: post only headers and links please

Old 11-26-2010, 12:18 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
maybe it was tom cruise.
That might not be a joke, due to the Scientology "fair game rule" (Scientologists have a duty to destroy "suppressive persons" - enemies of Scientology who were formerly Scientologists themselves - by any means necessary, legal or illegal) and L.Ron Hubbard's concept of "R2-45" (a Scientologist can advance to a higher level of Scientology by killing a "suppressive person").

There is no evidence that Ronni Chasen was ever involved in Scientology but if she was than that theory cannot be ruled out.

The "fair game doctrine" and R2-45 make me wonder why Scientology is considered a religion rather than an organized crime group and they also make me wonder why other organized crime groups have not declared themselves religions in order to take the heat off of them. The only example I can think of is La Eme setting up evangelical churches to launder money and act as a cover for their operations.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:15 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Definitely sounds like a professional hit...I wonder if she had any disgruntled ex-lovers or business associates
She got too close and learned too much...

Old 11-26-2010, 01:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Quote:
actually, i'm pretty interested in professional hitmen. i have read a bit about them. they aren't the type to take unnecessary risks. forum rudeness is always a little goofy to me.

and shooting up the car, only underlines my assumption that you aren't dealing with a professional. like i said, i think its either a car jack gone awry or road rage most likely. unlike some of the posters i do live in los angeles, and drive up sunset regularly. there are LOTS of people driving nice cars who drive them like a madman out of hades, and being that there are alot of unbalanced folk in the world in general, throw a little alcohol in the mix and a dose of road rage and you have yourself a shooting. remember ennis cosby? got shot trying to help someone with a flat tire. for no reason at all. trying to attribute it to some shadowy professional or disgruntled former employee seems like someone ELSE has been watching too many movies.
People have died being shot inside of cars due to a paid hitman.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
We may never know. Very sad.
Death has cast a long shadow over Hollywood - latimes.com

Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
That might not be a joke, due to the Scientology "fair game rule" (Scientologists have a duty to destroy "suppressive persons" - enemies of Scientology who were formerly Scientologists themselves - by any means necessary, legal or illegal) and L.Ron Hubbard's concept of "R2-45" (a Scientologist can advance to a higher level of Scientology by killing a "suppressive person").

There is no evidence that Ronni Chasen was ever involved in Scientology but if she was than that theory cannot be ruled out.

The "fair game doctrine" and R2-45 make me wonder why Scientology is considered a religion rather than an organized crime group and they also make me wonder why other organized crime groups have not declared themselves religions in order to take the heat off of them. The only example I can think of is La Eme setting up evangelical churches to launder money and act as a cover for their operations.
WHOAAAHH! really? i had no idea. I was actually joking. Scientologists- don't get me started. everytime i drive past that huge new complex on Sunset its like the People's Temple. any religion that costs 250,000 dollars to "ascend" to "clear" is a freaking bad joke.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:49 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
The police were apparently focusing on a suspect, and during a follow-up yesterday he shot himself. Ronni Chasen Murder: Man Sought in Publicist Slaying Fatally Shoots Himself - ABC News

Old 12-02-2010, 09:03 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
actually, i'm pretty interested in professional hitmen. i have read a bit about them. they aren't the type to take unnecessary risks. forum rudeness is always a little goofy to me.

and shooting up the car, only underlines my assumption that you aren't dealing with a professional. like i said, i think its either a car jack gone awry or road rage most likely. unlike some of the posters i do live in los angeles, and drive up sunset regularly. there are LOTS of people driving nice cars who drive them like a madman out of hades, and being that there are alot of unbalanced folk in the world in general, throw a little alcohol in the mix and a dose of road rage and you have yourself a shooting. remember ennis cosby? got shot trying to help someone with a flat tire. for no reason at all. trying to attribute it to some shadowy professional or disgruntled former employee seems like someone ELSE has been watching too many movies.

"The close grouping suggests the shooting was carried out by a hit man and was not the result of a gang attack or road rage, Carrillo told the AP."

Man sought in death of publicist Ronni Chasen kills himself | mydesert.com | The Desert Sun

No, you're right. Not a hit. Sorry I questioned your expertise.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:39 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
"The close grouping suggests the shooting was carried out by a hit man and was not the result of a gang attack or road rage, Carrillo told the AP."

Man sought in death of publicist Ronni Chasen kills himself | mydesert.com | The Desert Sun

No, you're right. Not a hit. Sorry I questioned your expertise.
This only shows fire at close range - all into the torso, and she was able to drive off (for a 1/4 mile) after the shooting. That's amatuer work. A professional would double tap into the head. Only assurance of a fatal wound.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime