Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:47 PM

14,418 posts, read 22,361,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Like a friend, family member, close acquaintance, colleague.etc?
I grew up with a guy that in his teens became a skinhead and at the age of 24 stabbed a guy to death .We were friends as children. I remember hanging out at his house and he came over to our house too. I also met him after he became a skinhead. I remember asking him why he chose to become a skinhead and he told me "because everybody else became Punks ( like a punk-rocker ) so he might as well become a skinhead"
His childhood could have been better, but still no excuse for his actions. There were no reason for it. He did not even have a reason to hate, really.
I bet it was pure group pressure. This was back in 1994 in Sweden and the Skinhead movement was pretty big back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 12:28 PM

278 posts, read 989,446 times
I played on the same soccer team as a guy who killed both of his foster parents. We played together for about 5 years and attended the same school, but we weren't that close. He ended up stabbing both parents to death and is now serving a life sentence. He was around 18yo at that time.

I have another friend, who I hung out with every week throughout college. After college, he started hanging out with a different crowd. One day, he was out with his new friends and an officer tried to pull them over. The group fired assault rifles at several police cars as they fled for miles. The entire group is now in jail, and I still wonder where he went wrong. None of the officers were injured (Thank God) but some vehicles were disabled.

Old 12-30-2010, 12:41 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,610,929 times
My only sibling was beaten to death in his own living room by a trio of punks he had helped out in the past. They made off with his wallet, flat screen TV and a few other items. All caught and are now in prison. Had a neighbor chase his wife out into the middle of the street one afternoon and blew her head off after she told him she was filing for divorce. Shot her then sat down on the curb and waited for the police and boy oh boy did a whole bunch of police show up! Also sat on a jury during a murder trial. Little gangbanger was found guilty and sentenced to life in one of those comfy CA gray bar hotels...

Old 12-31-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
I played on the same soccer team as a guy who killed both of his foster parents. We played together for about 5 years and attended the same school, but we weren't that close. He ended up stabbing both parents to death and is now serving a life sentence. He was around 18yo at that time.

I have another friend, who I hung out with every week throughout college. After college, he started hanging out with a different crowd. One day, he was out with his new friends and an officer tried to pull them over. The group fired assault rifles at several police cars as they fled for miles. The entire group is now in jail, and I still wonder where he went wrong. None of the officers were injured (Thank God) but some vehicles were disabled.

Do you live in Memphis?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,766,727 times
In my school there were some kids whose parents died when the father committed murder/suicide. A classmate committed suicide the night senior grades cme out. A neighbor kid's father committed suicide. And, I knew someone who committed murder/suicide not too many years ago. No one will ever know why. Completely unexpected and very sad. I think such murder/suicides are the height of selfishness.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:32 PM

23,860 posts, read 32,125,181 times
Yes actually, I do.
The younger brother of a friend of mine had the misfortune of returning to his upscale LI home while there was a robbery in progress. He was 18 and a senior in HS.
He found the door open and instead of fleeing, he went into the house to see what was going on.
He was ambushed and shot by the intruders. This was in the 80s.

Another friend of mine had a younger sister who was strangled to death by a hot tempered and violent boyfriend. They also lived in an up scale suburb. this was in the 90s

Neither of these victims were my "direct" friends, but I knew them because they were siblings of friends and we all attended the same JR SR High School.

That's as close as I have come and I hope that this never happens again.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:24 PM

278 posts, read 989,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Do you live in Memphis?
Yep.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:52 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,144,441 times
The parents of a former co-worker of mine were murdered. That's as close as I know about.

I had a sister who committed suicide with a gun. To this day my other sister believes she was murdered but I don't and never have.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyCop View Post
Yep.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:11 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,144,441 times
Come to think of it, I know someone (a former Seal and Vietnam vet) who once killed another guy in a bar fight. Not exactly murder....he broke the other guy's neck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime