Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:15 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,479,555 times

Advertisements

A young male co-worker of mine was murdered on Mothers Day in 1998. I think of him this time of year because in the office gift exchange for Christmas 1997, I had his name. I gave him a mini-planner which he loved, right down to the way it was wrapped.

It's very hard on an office when this happens. It's likelosing a member of your extended family. Complicating this was the fact that we were open to the public, and had to deal with lots of questions, including from the media.

The reasons he was killed were downright ridiculous. The killer is in prison, the instigator is probably out right now.

RIP David.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 09:11 PM

15,853 posts, read 34,997,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Yes, I had a friend who was murdered when I was 13 and she was 15. Some thought she was a victim of the Green River murderer but the M.O. seems wrong. She was pregnant and she and her boyfriend decided to fly to Washington to see her grandmother. They also took her dog with them. They only had enough money to fly as far as Sacramento, so from there they hitchhiked. They were all found dead and mutilated in the woods near Klamath Falls, Oregon. Even the dog was tortured and mutilated and my friend's unborn baby had been cut out of her. As far as I know this was never solved. It happened in 1976.

Another person I knew who was murdered was my daughter's first "boyfriend" when she was 13 years old, and he was a regular and much loved visitor to our home. Eric Starr Smith was murdered by his own father, who was under the influence of meth at the time. Eric's younger brother Larry was in the back of the van while this occured. They were driving down the highway in New Mexico when Eric's dad attacked him, stabbing him over 60 times, and then pulling over to the side of the road where he decapitated Eric and then threw his head out of the window while driving. It was one of the most horrific things we've ever had to suffer through, including having the local press camped out in our front yard.
Did the younger brother ever tell anybody what his brother said to his dad to make him that mad? You just have to wonder.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 PM

993 posts, read 2,279,720 times
I remember reading about the father that decapitated his son. I believe the father had schizophrenia and believed the son was possessed or something.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,797,381 times
A guy I went out with in highschool (blind date) shot and killed his father in a grocery store a couple years later. And a classmate of mine (not a friend, but someone I knew pretty well), was found murdered on the beach in Hilton Head Island a year after we graduated.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:59 PM

15,930 posts, read 20,899,784 times
A popular classmate in middle school went to a teachers home and murdered her.
Daughters high school classmate was robbed and murdered while delivering pizzas.
Co-workers adult child was victim of home invasion and murdered.
Former co-worker was murdered in a drug dispute.
Security guy was shot where I worked and later died of the injury.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 AM

164 posts, read 835,502 times
A co-worker...... by her mentally disturbed 16-year old son, with a shotgun.

Happened about 5 years ago......

Old 12-28-2010, 12:33 AM

2,855 posts, read 6,455,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Did the younger brother ever tell anybody what his brother said to his dad to make him that mad? You just have to wonder.

20yrsinBranson
Both of the parents (divorced) were drug addicts. Eric and his brother Larry lived with their grandmother and aunt, who were raising them in the LDS Church. The father flipped out while high on Meth and started screaming that his son's were possessed by the Devil and needed to be killed because of it. There are still questions as to WHY the family court judge allowed the father, also named Eric, to take his sons out of state, considering his known drug addictions and previous history of violent and mentally unstable behavior. Eric, Sr., was and is an all-around loser who has already been hospitalized a number of times while incarcerated due to violent altercations with other inmates. I keep tabs on where he is and what is happening with his sentence.

The younger brother, Larry, has been in and out of jail and struggles with drug addictions, thanks to his mother giving him drugs to "help deal" with the trauma. Having a facial disfiguration (birth defect) made his life difficult enough as it was. Its a very sad situation all around. The grandmother and aunt were both loving, warm and caring guardians and this really hit them hard.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:36 AM

2,855 posts, read 6,455,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe09 View Post
I remember reading about the father that decapitated his son. I believe the father had schizophrenia and believed the son was possessed or something.
The father was a drug addict and as far as I know he was never diagnosed with natural schizophrenia. It was drug-induced.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:37 AM

62 posts, read 120,225 times
My aunt (dad's cousin) was murdered last month. She just finished mass that Sunday and disappeared. Her body was discovered 3 days after in a motel and in a state of decomposition. Her hands and feet were bound. Their were bruises in her shoulders and back as well as the face. Her secretary's body was beheaded and dumped at a field near our farm. The autopsy report also shows that she was also bound and beaten.

The murderer was already identified and is still on the run.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:49 AM

749 posts, read 2,426,310 times
The Dean of boys and my gym teacher in high school transferred to another school about 4 years after I graduated. The dean was shot by a student and died 6 days later, my gym teacher was shot also but survived.

The scumbag student did a total of 8 years in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime