Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 12:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times

Advertisements

As for the $100,000 in the bank...I don't think people deposit "ill gotten gains" into their personal bank accounts...I think it will turn out to be someone known to the family...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 07:46 PM

812 posts, read 736,645 times
Very sad, been following this case ever since they vanished. Seems like it must have been somebody they knew and trusted, since there were no signs of forced entry. I am guessing it had to have been somebody with regular access to the house, and likely did the searches on the computer and left the car near the border to throw off police. I see a lot of people making assumptions about the victims, how they must have been involved in drugs or something like that. It very well could be, but I did not know them personally and am in no position to make such assumptions. No matter what, I hope they get justice.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:32 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
I don't think this case has anything to do with drug cartels. Do drug cartels in the US frequently murder whole families including two preschoolers?
Sometimes they do

Florida Turnpike Killers Get Death for Drug-Debt Murder of Family, Including 2 Young Boys | Fox News

Old 11-20-2013, 08:35 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcountryhoney View Post
I have been watching this case since 2010 and I have seen several post's of people theories in the case that I might be able to clear up. Joseph McStay was the owner of a fountain business which was sold primarily over the internet giving him more time to enjoy his favorite hobby which was surfing. These fountains were crafted in Mexico and then imported into the US, I don't know if they were shipped directly to the customer or to his business for different packaging. Joseph McStay past was well documented from birth but Summer McStay's past was shady. Shortly after they went missing his family found out though law enforcement that Summer had changed her name several time's during her life as well as her age making herself younger then she really was, no reason for this was shared. There has been new's channels that have said that this might have something to do with drug trafficking that Joseph might of been involved in and there was a hit put on him and the family by a Mexican drug cartel. I don't know if any of that is true but honestly I don't think a Mexican drug cartel would go to all the trouble that these killers did. What we know now is they were taken from their home and driven towards Las Vegas which is the opposite direction of the Mexican border, took the time to dig two shallow graves, kill and bury them, then drive back towards the McStay's home all the way to the Mexican border where the McStay's SUV was found. The killers knew it will be found there which seem's like that's what they wanted or they simply didn't care but then why did they hide the bodies? Even if there was a drug connection in Mexico we still need to look for a killer on this side of the border. It has to be someone who knew enough about the McStay's business in Mexico because they chose to leave the SUV where they did and where they knew it would be found and the fact they killed two very young children, the only reason to do that is the oldest of the children could identify them. I don't think the killers walked, took a bus, or a cab to the McStay's home that night which made it necessary to take their SUV. Honestly if it was two Mexican cartel coming from Mexico they could of killed Joseph and Summer in the home then left for the border, leaving the children alive. That's not what happened, they took a big chance on taking them from the home, driving them so far, killing then burying them so close to the highway. I hope the FBI is really looking into his business contacts in the US and Summer's past.
Great post. I had heard bits and pieces of this before, but not this detailed.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:44 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,470,737 times
Those people have a Mexican connection. It is a terrible crime especially where innocent children are murdered.

Is there any case where a whole family of middle class Americans have been killed by the cartel?

As far as I know it doesn't happen.

Anyway the McStays were not known to be involved in drugs and also the fact that their bodies were buried and their vehicle placed near the Mexican border points to someone trying to confuse and hide things.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:33 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
And, someone in their house on their computer looking up Mexican passports for the children. Mom didn't, dad didn't, so someone known to them was doing that to stage the scene. Mother was known to not like Mexico, be afraid to go there and not wanting anything to do with it. The person succeeded in throwing the police off the trail. Yesterday I saw a past interview w/ an investigator, "We have strong reason to believe they did go voluntary into Mexico." Now, egg on their face.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcountryhoney View Post
I have been watching this case since 2010 and I have seen several post's of people theories in the case that I might be able to clear up. Joseph McStay was the owner of a fountain business which was sold primarily over the internet...These fountains were crafted in Mexico and then imported into the US, I don't know if they were shipped directly to the customer or to his business...
Can you provide a link? I don't see any evidence of his water fountains being constructed in Mexico and shipped here.

Quote:
There has been new's channels that have said that this might have something to do with drug trafficking that Joseph might of been involved in and there was a hit put on him and the family by a Mexican drug cartel. I don't know if any of that is true...
So this is your personal opinion?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:29 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Those people have a Mexican connection. It is a terrible crime especially where innocent children are murdered.
You're right. From the Fox News link: "Prosecutors say Jose Escobedo was involved in a drug ring with the defendants. They said Troya and Sanchez killed him and his family to settle a debt, then stole 15 kilograms of cocaine from Escobedo."

There's no evidence of this connection with the McStays.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times
Has anyone here seen the videos of McStay's home shortly after they went missing, made by Steph Watts and Tim Miller? Well I just saw it (wasn't aware of it before). That, combined with the behaviors and words of the brother after the mysterious tracks were "found" near the graves, I am almost certain who did it--I had always denied that possibility vehemently. Until now. I think LE should also be close to the answer now. Unbelievable.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:49 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssww View Post
Has anyone here seen the videos of McStay's home shortly after they went missing, made by Steph Watts and Tim Miller? Well I just saw it (wasn't aware of it before). That, combined with the behaviors and words of the brother after the mysterious tracks were "found" near the graves, I am almost certain who did it--I had always denied that possibility vehemently. Until now. I think LE should also be close to the answer now. Unbelievable.
Well, let us in on it, if you know who did it ! I won't sue you if you are wrong...... I suggest DM.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime