Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:15 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,969,287 times

Advertisements

Talk about a shock. I wonder what his life would have been like had he moved to San Diego with me instead of New Mexico. Anyway, the case was cold for 10 years and it's hard telling what it going on with it now, other than police suspect it was murder for hire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 05:47 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,717,670 times
How tragic....and murder for hire, terrible. It must feel close to home so to speak if he was your boyfriend, someone you cared about....hope they solve this case!

~gbh

Old 04-27-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
How tragic....and murder for hire, terrible. It must feel close to home so to speak if he was your boyfriend, someone you cared about....hope they solve this case!

~gbh
Thanks, they released three suspects last week and the last one on Monday and are dropping the case. There will be no justice for him after all. And I am the only comment in the newpaper article reporting this.

He was bludgeoned and shot several times. Interestingly enough, his wife (who stood to gain if their divorce did not go through) and he had a court divorce hearing scheduled for the following day. Her second husband was shot in the head seven years later. Those police and authorities must be real idiots not to figure this one out.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,816,731 times
Terrible situation [not just because it is so close to home for you] but because too often, including cold cases, the system fails, whether it be law enforcement, prosecutors, the judiciary, as a whole.....

Are you familiar with the story of Jane Alexander, known as "Citizen Jane" - if not, take some time to read about her on line. She was an incredible woman who worked tirelessly to bring the person who murdered her aunt [which has been her former partner] as well as the other list of crimes he had done, to justice - and that included going to the police/detectives constantly...she ended up connecting with one specific detective who said, okay, I will work with you.....it took her countless years to get that justice as well as countless years holding law enforcement accountable and that meant investigating the case. As well, the established an organization which is now very well-known, very well-respected AND this organization has in fact, brought many offenders to justice by working with [which includes "hounding" law enforcement - smile].

A movie was made about her [Hallmark Channel I believe aired it] and it was called Citizen Jane -

Included below are links about her life AND the link to the organization she started: Citizens Against Homicide - I suggest that you contact them.

Lastly, one of the primary reasons Ms. Alexander became so involved in this arena is because she was a victim -- and, like many of us who experience violent crime and the system failing, we too become involved as advocates/activists on behalf of victims to help, in any way, those who are frustrated/hurt/not helped by the system we are supposed to count on.

Good luck and if I can help in some way, feel free to contact me directly [pm]

Jane Alexander of San Anselmo, a victims' advocate, dies at 86 - Marin Independent Journal

Citizens Against Homicide

Old 04-28-2011, 12:03 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,717,670 times
Sorry to hear that.....maybe it will be a cold case that is solved at some later time...hope so.

gbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Thanks, they released three suspects last week and the last one on Monday and are dropping the case. There will be no justice for him after all. And I am the only comment in the newpaper article reporting this.

He was bludgeoned and shot several times. Interestingly enough, his wife (who stood to gain if their divorce did not go through) and he had a court divorce hearing scheduled for the following day. Her second husband was shot in the head seven years later. Those police and authorities must be real idiots not to figure this one out.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,796,800 times
Links?

Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,989,548 times
Misty, it's terrible that your ex boyfriend was killed. I hope they do solve this case in due time! That wife looks awfully suspicious....

Old 04-30-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Links?
Out of respect for him, I will not release details. Let's just say he was mid 40s, college educated, respectable job, good guy.

Last edited by mistygrl092; 04-30-2011 at 06:27 AM..

Old 04-30-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
Misty, it's terrible that your ex boyfriend was killed. I hope they do solve this case in due time! That wife looks awfully suspicious....
I agree. And it's a horrible thing for the family to go through for all these years only to see the case dropped. And no one seems to care.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
Terrible situation [not just because it is so close to home for you] but because too often, including cold cases, the system fails, whether it be law enforcement, prosecutors, the judiciary, as a whole.....

Are you familiar with the story of Jane Alexander, known as "Citizen Jane" - if not, take some time to read about her on line. She was an incredible woman who worked tirelessly to bring the person who murdered her aunt [which has been her former partner] as well as the other list of crimes he had done, to justice - and that included going to the police/detectives constantly...she ended up connecting with one specific detective who said, okay, I will work with you.....it took her countless years to get that justice as well as countless years holding law enforcement accountable and that meant investigating the case. As well, the established an organization which is now very well-known, very well-respected AND this organization has in fact, brought many offenders to justice by working with [which includes "hounding" law enforcement - smile].

A movie was made about her [Hallmark Channel I believe aired it] and it was called Citizen Jane -

Included below are links about her life AND the link to the organization she started: Citizens Against Homicide - I suggest that you contact them.

Lastly, one of the primary reasons Ms. Alexander became so involved in this arena is because she was a victim -- and, like many of us who experience violent crime and the system failing, we too become involved as advocates/activists on behalf of victims to help, in any way, those who are frustrated/hurt/not helped by the system we are supposed to count on.

Good luck and if I can help in some way, feel free to contact me directly [pm]

Jane Alexander of San Anselmo, a victims' advocate, dies at 86 - Marin Independent Journal

Citizens Against Homicide
Thank you, very much. I will check it out. I am sure I am not the only one who has spent years seeking justice (or at a point where I want to seek justice). But maybe there is something I can do. My former BF was only 43 at the time of his murder, a good guy (witness he married a woman with several children) and had two of his own, was a stable employee, and a volunteer, and a good guy. It's a real shame. I can see if he'd been a jerk - and I've known quite a few. But this came as a shock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime