Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Anthony get the death penalty??
Yes...it's a given...fry 16 20.25%
Life in prison with no parole 50 63.29%
Other.... 13 16.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:57 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Yes they are. I don't know how George is able to sit there and listen to this trash.
probably because Cindy is there and also he does not want to look guilty by walking out of the courtroom . I do feel sorry for George my god has this poor man not been through enough than to listen to this crap .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 01:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Florida is a fry state. I'd be very surprised if she was given life without parole. The defense opening remarks are off the wall.
There are only two women on death row...in Fl. They had rap sheets of 3 pages at least. Baez defense today looks like Leslie Abramson's defense for the Menendez Brothers in early 90's....

Baez definitely is trying to create a sense of doubt, and in criminal law each and every element of the crime needs to be proven...Casey will get life, it seems , but Baez is trying to get an even lower conviction....

Really sad for the grandparents, I dont know how George Anthony could just sit through that...Where is the brother? Lee???

Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM

Did i just see Geraldo Rivera in the courtroom while watching this trial ? man everybody in the news business came out for this one . They are in Pinellas county right ? clearwater court house ? I used to work a block from there and also used to live in Pinellas county . Wow to think about all of this going on down there . I bet the folks in Clearwater wish it were not going on down there . Memorial day wknd too is this wknd and the beaches and the amusement parks will most likely be crowded .Alot of folks in town for the big court trial .

Old 05-24-2011, 03:43 PM

297 posts, read 519,875 times
The trial is in Orlando. They went to Pinellas County to get the jurors.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
The trial is in Orlando. They went to Pinellas County to get the jurors.
Oh wow thank you and good to know .

Old 05-24-2011, 07:26 PM

Geraldo Rivera? lol. didnt know he was still around. The trial is in Orlando....yes to get an unbiased jury they went to Pinellas....

This is such an unusual case.....according to Jean Casarez, Jose Baez did pretty well in defense opening statement....its still a very weird story they are presenting.......

Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
But she is mentally ill, isn't she? Surely she has some type of personality disorder and has psychopathic tendencies to boot. I can't imagine how else she could come across as having no conscience at all. Wonder how she became so disturbed.
The parents are being used by Baez as a defense...for the murder....Its sad bcs regardless of Cindy and George...I doubt they knew what Casey was capable of......

Old 05-26-2011, 10:36 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Geraldo Rivera? lol. didnt know he was still around. The trial is in Orlando....yes to get an unbiased jury they went to Pinellas....

This is such an unusual case.....according to Jean Casarez, Jose Baez did pretty well in defense opening statement....its still a very weird story they are presenting.......
I realize lots of bigger trials go out of town for juror selections, but I think a jury of your peers should be from the people you live and work around. Then again, they would be hard pressed to find ANYONE in Orlando with much sympathy for Casey. Even the most lenient and liberal minded people just aren't prepared to accept any excuse for what took place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The parents are being used by Baez as a defense...for the murder....Its sad bcs regardless of Cindy and George...I doubt they knew what Casey was capable of......
Casey was stealing from her parents and 80 year old grandmother. She has 15 theft charges, some are felony and a few are under grand theft, as well as check fraud charges. Those alone could possibly give her a sentence of over 40 years.

I don't know if anyone thought she would hurt her baby, but the grandparents DID beg her to let them adopt or keep the child. I think Casey was one of those mothers who enjoy being a mother when it brings them personal attention, but then resents the child when it puts a clog in their wheel.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:50 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I realize lots of bigger trials go out of town for juror selections, but I think a jury of your peers should be from the people you live and work around. Then again, they would be hard pressed to find ANYONE in Orlando with much sympathy for Casey. Even the most lenient and liberal minded people just aren't prepared to accept any excuse for what took place.

I don't know if anyone thought she would hurt her baby, but the grandparents DID beg her to let them adopt or keep the child. I think Casey was one of those mothers who enjoy being a mother when it brings them personal attention, but then resents the child when it puts a clog in their wheel.
I still want to know more about her high school years. IIRC, she didn't graduate--lacked less than a semester, perhaps? Why--I don't know.

ETA: Colonial High School---I scanned but need to read more closely.
http://www.examiner.com/education-in...al-high-school

'
In 2005, Orlando Weekly ran a story featuring Colonial High School as a microcosm of diversity with an enrollment of 3,700 students, many of whom were products of "generational poverty," according to principal Dr. Paul V. Mitchell. The student enrollment was a mixture of one-third white, more than one-half Hispanic and a minority African-American population.'
l

Then she became pregnant at ?18--gave birth at 19.

At some point in time between not completing high school and having a child she worked in 'Event Planning' at Universal. Guessing ---she was a 'flex/temp' employee--perhaps a 'greeter'--perhaps handed out refreshments?

I say this because I've known a few people that did 'convention' work or were involved in the 'Entertainment' field.

One of them was 'arrogant, self-absorbed, unscrupulous, could have had charges filed for some of her financial strategies involving her own mother'. She could look you straight in the eye and tell you the most incredible stories----ie--she was a flight attendant for a brief period---and talks about London and philanthropy as if she knew The Queen.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-26-2011 at 11:00 AM..

Old 05-26-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I still want to know more about her high school years. IIRC, she didn't graduate--lacked less than a semester, perhaps? Why--I don't know.

ETA: Colonial High School---I scanned but need to read more closely.
Casey Anthony does not represent Colonial High School - Orlando Education | Examiner.com

'
In 2005, Orlando Weekly ran a story featuring Colonial High School as a microcosm of diversity with an enrollment of 3,700 students, many of whom were products of "generational poverty," according to principal Dr. Paul V. Mitchell. The student enrollment was a mixture of one-third white, more than one-half Hispanic and a minority African-American population.'
l

Then she became pregnant at ?18--gave birth at 19.

At some point in time between not completing high school and having a child she worked in 'Event Planning' at Universal. Guessing ---she was a 'flex/temp' employee--perhaps a 'greeter'--perhaps handed out refreshments?

I say this because I've known a few people that did 'convention' work or were involved in the 'Entertainment' field.

One of them was 'arrogant, self-absorbed, unscrupulous, could have had charges filed for some of her financial strategies involving her own mother'. She could look you straight in the eye and tell you the most incredible stories----ie--she was a flight attendant for a brief period---and talks about London and philanthropy as if she knew The Queen.
You know I think sometimes ppl like you describe above must read books or some sort of articles to get things down pat so to speak , how to tell a lie really great and how to get ppl to believe you . Does that make sense ? i mean how else would they know how to do these things like tell these enormous lies and actually have ppl believe it ? If anyone knows please tell me because this is beyond my realm of understanding .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime